[SOLVED] Changing some of the icons for Deluge on Windows

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
DSpider

[SOLVED] Changing some of the icons for Deluge on Windows

Post by DSpider »

Hello.

I can't seem to change some of the icons for Deluge... I have some of the icons from a certain "[Icons] Minimalism" thread, and I also changed the look from "DelugeStart" to "MS-Windows".

Now I just need to change these:
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (66.57 KiB) Viewed 4261 times
I've downloaded the "Faenza" icon pack (which I used extensively for 3 years straight on Linux). How do I use them? It would most likely be applied globally, for all GTK 2.0 programs. I'm ok with that. I just don't know how. Can you help me out, please? I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you very much.

Edit: Also, these icons:
Screenshot 2.png
Screenshot 2.png (22.54 KiB) Viewed 4260 times
Last edited by DSpider on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Changing some of the icons for Deluge

Post by Cas »

Those are GTK icons so you would install the icons as a GTK theme and change the gtkrc file: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GT ... figuration

That's the theory at least, it's been a while since I did anything theme related :)
DSpider

Post by DSpider »

Thanks, but like I said, I'm running Windows 10 Pro (probably should've lead with that - but this is the "Windows OS" section, after all).

I tried searching for "gtkrc-2.0" on drive C:\ but nothing came up... I was hoping you guys would know.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

It the same file on Windows. There is one in the Deluge program files folder under etc which sets the theme.
DSpider

Post by DSpider »

Ok, I did it.

For anyone interested, here's the rundown:

1. Extract the "Faenza.tar" file into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\share\icons\Faenza" using 7-Zip (run as Administrator, because of symlinks).
2. Open "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc" with Notepad++, since regular Notepad might not save the carriage returns/new lines properly.
3. Replace the 'gtk-fallback-icon-theme = "hicolor"' line with 'gtk-fallback-icon-theme = "Faenza"' and save the file.
4. Restart Deluge.

Looks much better now:
Screenshot 3.png
Screenshot 3.png (68.47 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
Screenshot 4.png
Screenshot 4.png (19.72 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
I also reverted back to the original 'pixmap' folder (the original icons instead of the "Minimalism" ones). They're not bad or anything, it's just that I was used to the old "tear drop" ones.

Thanks for the help!