Deluge occasionally crash for you?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
WarezMaster

Deluge occasionally crash for you?

Post by WarezMaster »

Like the subject says, Deluge crashes now and then. For no apparent reason. Often happens when I sleep :oops:
I've tried all I can thing of and an update seems far away? :(

So I wrote this
https://github.com/Blackkatt/RestartThatApp

it's a script that will restart any failed application with the option to whitelist apps you don't want restarted in case of failure.
Last edited by WarezMaster on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shryp

Re: Deluge occasionally crash for you?

Post by Shryp »

Windows GTK implementation has a memory leak in it. If you leave the GUI running it will gradually use up all your memory until it runs out. It happens faster when the screen is updating a lot. Best to leave deluge on an inactive label and also best to set it up in thinclient mode and close the GUI when not in use.
WarezMaster

Post by WarezMaster »

Shryp wrote:Windows GTK implementation has a memory leak in it. If you leave the GUI running it will gradually use up all your memory until it runs out. It happens faster when the screen is updating a lot. Best to leave deluge on an inactive label and also best to set it up in thinclient mode and close the GUI when not in use.
I have 64 GB of ram, it does not run out. But what your saying makes some sense. Think client aka Classic mode? doesn't works /solves it.
I always have it on the active label, and there could be perhaps 10 at the most at any given moment. When you say close the GUI you have to be talking about running Deluge as a demon (thin client/ classic mode) ?

I haven't tried that. But I want the GUI visible at all times =)
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

Yea, the GUI has the memory leak so if you run the daemon separate you can close the window without interrupting your downloads.
WarezMaster

Post by WarezMaster »

Sadly this doesn't work for me. If the GUI crash, so does my torrents and have to be re-checked NOT always but sometimes.