VPN/Internet hangs up when using Deluge

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
jhm

VPN/Internet hangs up when using Deluge

Post by jhm »

I desperately need some help. I have been living with this problem for 9 months now. I have PIA VPN service and I am using Deluge as my torrent client. (Previously, I was using uTorrent.)

Whenever I run my torrent client, my connection hangs up and I have reboot the machine to get the Internet back. It doesn't matter if I run Deluge thought a proxy or not, same problem.

I have reached out to PIA to help resolve this problem numerous time. Their latest suggestion, as of this afternoon, is to disable uTP (Bandwidth Management). I am willing to give that a try, but I can't find uTP in Deluge. I would appreciate if someone could show me the way. Also, any other suggestions would be appreciated. I have already disabled UPnP and NAT-PMP. I have also reduced Global Max Connection and Per-Torrent Max Connection to 100 each.

Thank you for your help.
Shryp

Re: VPN/Internet hangs up when using Deluge

Post by Shryp »

It could be your router. If your torrent client is reaching the max number of IP ports for the network management your connection will hang until some of the older ones timeout. A lot of cheap routers have the issue because of low memory. Aftermarket firmware like DD-WRT could help with that. Disabling DHT could also help as that would limit the total number of connections.