Deluge does not start

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
blackdog
New User
New User

Deluge does not start

Post by blackdog »

I use to use this program and it worked perfectly

I went to open it today and nothing happened. I watched the task manager and the process pops up in it but it disappears in about 1 second

I found a lot of people online with this problem but nothing that was said has worked. I have uninstalled a million times, deleted any config files i could possibly find, tried to install a bunch of other stuff but nothing at all has changed anything.

This makes 0 sense and ITS DRIVING ME FUCKING INSANE
Shryp

Re: Deluge does not start

Post by Shryp »

It could be one of the C++ redistributables is missing. I would try uninstalling everything and making sure these folders are both gone:
C:\Program Files X86\Deluge
C:\Users\<USER>\Roaming\deluge

Then install version 1.3.12-1-py2.7:
http://download.deluge-torrent.org/wind ... -setup.exe
blackdog
New User
New User

Post by blackdog »

I uninstalled and deleted all those folders and then reinstalled the version you suggested but nothing has changed

but this program use to work perfectly, and I havnt dont anything at all to any c++ redistibutables, i dont know what ones it requires and im surely not going to uninstall one as it might break something else

i uninstalled ​Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) and then reinstlaled it and it still doesnt work
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Can you try seeing if it's just an issue with deluge-gtk or also with the daemon (deluged.exe) and see if logging shows anything: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Trou ... ficLogging
blackdog
New User
New User

Post by blackdog »

sadly i couldnt figure out what any of that means or how to do any of it
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

There is nothing complicated to opening a Command Prompt and running that logging command
blackdog
New User
New User

Post by blackdog »

lol well i tried a million different things and these are what i got back

"The syntax of the command is incorrect."

"The system cannot find the path specified."

" 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

and "The system cannot find the path specified."

saying "it isnt complicated" doesnt help me, why even bother posting at all?

honestly the directions on that link are crap, if it told me exactly what to do i would have done it in 10 seconds
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

You are clearly not inputting the commands correctly as those are all common Windows command prompt errors. There is no handholding here on using your operating system, use google to see what those errors mean.

So what exactly are you typing into the command prompt?
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

Another alternative would be to use the file browser to locate the exe file, right click on it, create shortcut on the desktop. The go to the desktop and right click on that shortcut and click edit and then append the log switch to the end of the executed command.
blackdog
New User
New User

Post by blackdog »

Cas wrote:You are clearly not inputting the commands correctly as those are all common Windows command prompt errors. There is no handholding here on using your operating system, use google to see what those errors mean.

So what exactly are you typing into the command prompt?
i put in what it told me to, please leave my thread now, your trolling isnt helping me