Deluge does not start

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
galneon

Re: Deluge does not start

Post by galneon »

Paths with spaces need double quotes surrounding them.

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Deluge"
for example.

Just do what Shryp told you to do. Then go to the shortcut on your desktop, right click, properties, then after the last " in the target field, add the logging switch so it looks something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\deluge.exe" -L error -l "C:\deluge.log"
and click OK. Launch the shortcut. Go to C:\ and open the log file.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge does not start

Post by Cas »

blackdog wrote:
Cas wrote:You are clearly not inputting the commands correctly as those are all common Windows command prompt errors. There is no handholding here on using your operating system, use google to see what those errors mean.

So what exactly are you typing into the command prompt?
i put in what it told me to, please leave my thread now, your trolling isnt helping me
No you have not, you did not put the following in your command prompt, take note of all the double quotes I specifically included to guard against users having spaces in the directory path.

"%ProgramFiles%\Deluge\deluge-debug.exe" -L error -l "%UserProfile%\Desktop\deluge.log" 
If you want to argue with me over this then give me concrete evidence of what you typed into the command prompt, letter-for-letter...

Also I don't think you quite understand, I am the main developer of Deluge. If you want help fixing issue you need to check your attitude and reading comprehension, otherwise you are one that can leave our forum and get help elsewhere.