Deluge on Win10 - Won't connect to peers in the swarm but Transmission will. What's wrong?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
DirtNasty

Deluge on Win10 - Won't connect to peers in the swarm but Transmission will. What's wrong?

Post by DirtNasty »

I torrent through PIA VPN and I select servers that have port forwarding options. I enter that port number into my torrent client to ensure I am connectable. I am the sole seeder of a file as I'm the one who upped it. Using Deluge I can see 5 peers in the swarm but zero connected. Sometimes one will connect for about 5 seconds and I'll get a few kbs upped but then they drop out and back to the swarm pool. Once I had someone connect for a good 10 minutes, one single user, and get great upload speeds from me but they dropped out and that was the end of that. I've used guides on how to optimize Deluge by using the numbers I get from speedtest so I know my Queues, Network and Bandwidth settings are set correctly. I do not have firewall issues as canyouseeme confirms I am connectable.

Now, as a test, I installed Transmission (64bit) on my Windows 10 system and got everything seeding from there and I essentially had insta-connects. Every last peer in the swarm of 5 connected to me and I was upping to all of them at a steady clip. Finally got my initial seeded file upped and on it's way.

I would prefer to use Deluge as it has more options for me and I'm just used to it and it's all integrated into my Sonarr/CouchPotato/Headphones setup. Besides this weird connectivity issue everything works flawlessly.

Anyone have any ideas? Libtorrent issue? This is driving me mad and it's screwing me on getting numbers up on early releases. I just can't get good upload speeds going at all.
galneon

Re: Deluge on Win10 - Won't connect to peers in the swarm but Transmission will. What's wrong?

Post by galneon »

If you haven't already, try the high performance preset offered by the ltConfig plugin. There should be an improvement right away, and from there you can customize it to your liking referencing libtorrent's documentation.

The default libtorrent profile in Deluge is abominable and, unfortunately, it's convinced many people Deluge is a low-performance client when it comes to seeding. There's no reason one libtorrent-based client should be significantly worse than another at seeding, so this must be a configuration problem--try to figure it out as it's, hands down, the best torrent client available. My 12 Mbit upstream is maxed nearly around the clock.