Remote path button missing from desktop client

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
trnt
New User
New User

Remote path button missing from desktop client

Post by trnt »

Hi there,

I have a seed box. It is running Deluge. I have downloaded torrents on it plenty. I would like to now create my own torrents and then add those to the seed box to allow others to leech. The Deluge Web UI does not let you create a torrent, it only lets you add an already created torrent file. So I connected to my seed box via FTP, I created a folder in the downloads folder for the files I want to seed and I uploaded those files via FTP into the seed box. Then I copied the path of that newly uploaded folder, from the FTP client, and thought I would use the remote path button on the Deluge Windows Desktop Client and paste that location from clipboard into the remote path but my problem is that the remote path button is not there. See the attached image.

So...either I cam going about this creating a torrent for my seed box all wrong. Or my thinking is correct but I'm just missing something. I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks.
Attachments
Torrent.PNG
Torrent.PNG (14.95 KiB) Viewed 2216 times
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Remote path button missing from desktop client

Post by Cas »

If you are not connected to the remote server via GTK UI then the button will not be there.
trnt
New User
New User

Post by trnt »

Hi, thank you for responding. Ok so how would I do that? I have the desktop client installed on my laptop. I am not sure how to connect to the remote server using GTK UI. I am fairly new to this whole experience so I am learning as I go along.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

trnt
New User
New User

Post by trnt »

Thanks