Download speed and observed bandwitdh way out of sync

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mikelimtw
New User
New User

Download speed and observed bandwitdh way out of sync

Post by mikelimtw »

Hi All,

I'm new to Deluge and I switched from uTorrent 3.x for obvious reasons. However I have found something very strange. When using uTorrent I would set the download speed limit to 2MB/sec in order to reserve bandwidth for others in my home network and uTorrent would use up the full bandwidth.

I have set the same download limit for Deluge but it has yet to reach the upper limit, and usually it sits at between 1/2 to 1/4 the limit speed. Even more perplexing is that when watching the QoS page on my Asus RT-AC68U router, the bandwidth often registers about 10x the download speed in Deluge. There are no other users on my networking downloading torrents and I am specifically looking at the BitTorrents measured bandwidth.

So in short, my measured speed in Deluge seems average 400K-1MB for downloads, often toward the lower end of the scale, while my measured bandwidth consumption for torrents is anywhere from 3M-7M per second. Can anyone please offer me some advice or explanation as to why this is occurring?
mikelimtw
New User
New User

Re: Download speed and observed bandwitdh way out of sync

Post by mikelimtw »

Hi Cas,

Ok, seems I wasn't looking at the units carefully enough. Thanks for pointing that out to me. However, I still have one dilemma. Using the same equipment and on the same connection, the only difference being switching from uTorrent 3.3.1 to Deluge 1.3.12, I seem to have lost a lot of performance downloading torrents; for whatever reason, uTorrent appeared to be downloading much faster overall.