Extractor not working in Windows 10

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Extractor not working in Windows 10

Post by Cas »

fGr wrote:I'v been paying attention to the screen of my htpc when it finalizes the torrents. It seems like the extractor runs to quickly and the rar archives are not complete yet. This might be due to cache and memory ? With high download speeds
when the torrent hits 100% the computer has not finished writing the files from cache/memory to disk. This for sure would give an error and the extract prosess would terminate.
If that is the case then it is possibly libtorrent related so the completed alert is too soon. It might account for the only applicable difference here between 1.3.11 and 1.3.12 that is libtorrent changing from 0.16 to 1.0.6.

A straightforward way to determine if this is the issue is by adding a log line to the plugin that prints the size on disk of the files before extraction.

What version of Deluge and are you using move completed?
fGr
New User
New User

Post by fGr »

Cas wrote:
fGr wrote:I'v been paying attention to the screen of my htpc when it finalizes the torrents. It seems like the extractor runs to quickly and the rar archives are not complete yet. This might be due to cache and memory ? With high download speeds
when the torrent hits 100% the computer has not finished writing the files from cache/memory to disk. This for sure would give an error and the extract prosess would terminate.
If that is the case then it is possibly libtorrent related so the completed alert is too soon. It might account for the only applicable difference here between 1.3.11 and 1.3.12 that is libtorrent changing from 0.16 to 1.0.6.

A straightforward way to determine if this is the issue is by adding a log line to the plugin that prints the size on disk of the files before extraction.

What version of Deluge and are you using move completed?
Im using deluge 1.3.12 and im not using move complete since I understand that it brings issues when using extractor or somthing. I have no idea how to add a log line or such, pretty new to the application.

could add a 10-20secound delay before executing the extractor aswell and see if it unpacks every time or not.

Hope we get this sorted, I really need extractor to work for my setup.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Can you try using the move completed option, that old issue was fixed a long time ago and would be interesting to see the outcome here.
Magic815

Post by Magic815 »

Is there anything I (a not very computer-literate person) can do to help see this extractor issue get fixed? Not sure what "move completed" is referring to.

It sounds like there is definitely a widespread issue with the extractor plugin working. I have Deluge hooked up to Sonarr, so I just need Deluge to do the extracting and Sonarr can take it from there.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

What I would like to confirm is if this really does affect 1.3.12 and was fine in 1.3.11. If that is the case then also test taking the libtorrent included with 1.3.11 (libtorrent.pyd 0.16) and trying it with 1.3.12 to see if it is libtorrent related.
fGr
New User
New User

Post by fGr »

Hi, sorry for the late reply!

It was the same in 1.3.11 for me... tried to update to 1.3.12 in hope for a fix, but same issue...
Il try useing the move complete option :) Il come back to you when Iv got a few tries =)

Magic815 Iv got the exact same setup with sonarr, so it frustrating that it wont extract hehe :)
fGr
New User
New User

Post by fGr »

Hi again, iv tested with move complete!

Same thing happens with extractor, when progress bare hits "Seeding" the 7zip cmd window opens for a second then closes. nothing unpacked.

The move complete did absolutly nothing. this is the setup: Download to: "temp", Move complete to: "complete". (yes I activated move complete, its not grayed out). "complete" is a new folder inside "temp", so G:\temp\complete\.

I also ran deluge as administrator since I have a feeling this is could be some kind of permission issue. Windows 7 have been reinstalled on this HTPC, so I had to take ownership of the disks with the new copy of the OS installed. (yes
i made sure auth users, system, administrators and users have full controll of the disk).

what now ? :P

I gave my own specific user full permission to the disk (HTPC\HT), still no luck.
ellimist
New User
New User

Post by ellimist »

How about instead of getting extractor to work, we use the execute plugin and run a 7zip command to extract the .rar file on download complete?

Anyone know how to do that? Would we need to create a separate .bat file or can we directly put it into the command section?
fGr
New User
New User

Post by fGr »

ellimist wrote:How about instead of getting extractor to work, we use the execute plugin and run a 7zip command to extract the .rar file on download complete?

Anyone know how to do that? Would we need to create a separate .bat file or can we directly put it into the command section?
I have noe idea... Did you try it out ?
MrDevanWright

Post by MrDevanWright »

Solution: I've given up on the Deluge Extract plugin and turned it off. Instead I have now downloaded a very easy program call ExtractNow. I have Deluge downloading the files into "&Incomplete" then moving them to "&Complete" all within my download folder. I then have ExtractNow auto-extract from a folder it is monitoring (&Complete). Sonarr tracks it the whole way and auto transfers it into the correct folder on my television drive. If you need help with additional settings and information, just let me know.

Has anyone figured out this problem? I am having issues with the extractor as well.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD 6350 3.9 10GB
Deluge 1.3.12
7-Zip 15.12 (2015-11-19)

Starting with 7zip 64bit nothing was extracted, no files were created. A cmd windows flashed but nothing changed. After many attempts at switching settings, changing directories, etc, nothing changed. I uninstall/reinstalled 7zip 32bit. Now, a file is created for the extraction, but nothing is actually extracted. I don't know how to enable logging or view the log files.

I too am working with Sonarr so I need these files auto extracted to be placed properly.

Edit: I auto-loaded torrents through Sonarr and watched the finished files not get auto extracted. I then restarted my computer and found the files extracted and imported into Sonarr. It seems that Deluge batch extracted the previously unfinished extractions when the computer came back online.

Edit: However, completely closing down Deluge and the daemon, then starting it does not create the same results. No extractions were completed.

Edit: See solution above.