Deluge requested shutdown

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
galneon

Re: Deluge requested shutdown

Post by galneon »

Does this new set of fixes just address the case/logging issue, or are you suggesting it may fix the crash this thread addresses? I'd like to know if I should wait or begin logging now.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I was actually thinking of a slightly different use-case. The log one will be fixed, there is a discussion thread right next to this one about it...

Please log anyway, I certainly find it unlikely the crashes are anything to do with saving state.

The change of libtorrent version has a much bigger impact on hard crashes and I already mention libtorrent could be a factor. You can test this by copying the previous libtorrent.pyd version from 1.3.11 over to 1.3.12 to see if it made a difference?

You can also test your theory by placing the old 1.3.11 torrentmanager.py file into the 'deluge/core/' directory of your 1.3.12 install. To revert that change use the 1.3.12 torrentmanager.py .
galneon

Post by galneon »

Thanks, I'll begin logging and use the 1.3.11_torrentmanager.py as well. If I still crash, then it's more likely libtorrent-related, in which case I'll have a log that could hopefully prove useful. I can try the old libtorrent.pyd after that, though I fear my custom ltConfig profile would be affected. We'll see.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

You need to use "-L" for log level...
galneon

Post by galneon »

Heh yes, I edited my post hopefully before you saw it. Too late it seems.