Deluge requested shutdown

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
gddeluca

Deluge requested shutdown

Post by gddeluca »

Hi,
I've just installed Deluge, and two days in a row now, when I check my system in the morning, there's a pop-up which contains a reference to .Net services and reads something like (I didn't write this down, sorry) -- "The application has requested a shutdown", contact the support staff for assistance.

Deluge has indeed terminated, but seems to restart normally.

How do I determine what is really going on and correct it?

George
gddeluca

Re: Deluge requested shutdown

Post by gddeluca »

OK, I just had another one and grabbed the screenshot. See the attachment

George
Attachments
Deluge crash window
Deluge crash window
Deluge.jpg (50.65 KiB) Viewed 5312 times
gh0st
New User
New User

Post by gh0st »

Do you run it as admin?
Have you checked the logs?
gddeluca

Post by gddeluca »

No, it is not run as admin. Nothing indicated that I should, and it seems to run OK in every other way except for these random (seemingly) shutdowns.

As to logs, there are no menu options to display a log, and browsing around, I couldn't find any log files. Where does Deluge hide them? And moreover, why hide them, there should be a menu item under View to help people like me find them.

George
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

The logs are in %APPDATA with the rest of the user data. Have you manually updated libtorrent? Sometimes that can cause issues.
gddeluca

Post by gddeluca »

A) I haven't touched libtorrent, I just ran the standard Windows installer for Deluge.

B) Found the \AppData\Roaming\Deluge folder, lots of files, but nothing named .log in there. What is it called?

This really shouldn't be this hard to find, there should be a View menu option.

George
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

B) Mine has a file called deluged.log.

It could be related to the small memory leak in the GTK runtimes. If you leave a window open where there is constant updating it might be running out of memory.
gddeluca

Post by gddeluca »

I saw the deluged.log, but it was two days old, back when I experimented with running deluged.exe rather than deluge.exe. I deleted it, and I've had two more crashes since then and there is no deluge.log file, (nor ANY .log files)

I don't leave it running as a window, I normally close it down to sit in the taskbar. This is pretty sad when something that is supposed to run all the time can't seem to stay up for more than a few hours. I may have to go back to uTorrent.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Sitting in the taskbar is still running GTK UI... Crashing on Windows (with that error) has been covered many times in this forum, you need to run in Thin Client mode, which will rule out GTK issue.
gddeluca

Post by gddeluca »

No further activity here.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem? Deluge terminates like this basically every day, usually overnight.

Do the developers monitor this forum? Any comment/suggestion from that side? I'm seriously considering dumping Deluge for an alternate if it continues being so unreliable.

George

P.S.

Cas: just saw your post AFTER I did mine. OK, thanks for the tip. But a forum search when I first has this turned up nothing, could you provide a link to the thread?

George