2 Q's: Changing Priority & Not DLing Stuff From Torrent

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
KotCarson
New User
New User

2 Q's: Changing Priority & Not DLing Stuff From Torrent

Post by KotCarson »

Hello all,

I have 2 questions that I bet you'll know the answer to.

1) I don't seem to be able to change the priority of any of my torrents or any of the files contained within. Is there something I have to turn on in settings or a plugin I should download in order to do this?

2) I also can't seem to find a way to only download certain things from my torrents. Right now, all my torrents are All-Or-Nothing. Again, is there something I have to turn on in settings or a plugin I should download in order to do this?

Thanks very much :)
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Re: 2 Q's: Changing Priority & Not DLing Stuff From Torrent

Post by doadin »

In the files tab in the main window ui can right click a folder or a file and set either. Priority and there is a do not download option.
junkm452
New User
New User

Post by junkm452 »

doadin wrote:In the files tab in the main window ui can right click a folder or a file and set either. Priority and there is a do not download option.
Those priority options are greyed out.

Under the files tab in the lower half of the ui, each file has a green circle next to the words, "Normal priority." Right clicking on a file line brings up a selection box with items:
Open
Expand All
Do not download
Normal priority
High priority
Highest priority

Only "Open" and "Expand" can be clicked. The last four selection items are greyed out. So "Normal priority," the default, is the only option, and one cannot exclude those files which are not to be downloaded. It's all or none.

I do not see anything in "Preferences" to enable or disable priority or download options.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

On mine the priorities are only greyed out for stuff I have downloaded 100%.
junkm452
New User
New User

Post by junkm452 »

There must be a switch somewhere, if not in Preferences or Options, to enable/disable "Do not download" and "Priority" options. Some ppl seem to have the setting available, others not. I'm using Client 1.3.11 and libtorrent 0.16.18.0. Perhaps 1.3.11 does not allow Normal Priority to be changed?
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

I have used 1.3.11 on Windows and Linux and the priority options work fine as long as the torrent isn't already completed. Maybe it is a libtorrent thing? I have had my libtorrent in the 1.0.x versions ever since I switched so I don't know how the 0.16.x builds behave.
antonny_YH_91

Post by antonny_YH_91 »

I also can't find where can i download only certain files from my torrents. And your link don't help me. Please help :(
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

If you mean in the Add dialog you cannot, otherwise there is no issue changing file priority on a torrent other than the above link or the download is complete.
junkm452
New User
New User

Post by junkm452 »

"Selective downloading requires full allocation, check you are not using compact allocation.

"Compact allocation only allocates as much storage as it needs to keep the pieces downloaded so far. This means that pieces will be moved around to be placed at their final position in the files while downloading (to make sure the completed download has all its pieces in the correct place). In full allocation, the entire space that a file needs is allocated as soon as one piece of that file is downloaded, thus decreasing fragmentation.

"We suggest that our users use full allocation."

Fragmentation does not affect today's solid state drives (SSDs). Allocating the entire space a file needs when the first piece is downloaded affects SSDs mightily, as they are typically ¼ the size of HDDs, or ⅛ the size of HDDs, shekel for shekel.

SSD users can work around the space limitation by selecting full allocation and opening torrents in the "paused" state, then setting unwanted individual files to "Do not download" before toggling each torrent to "Resume".

@Cas, thank you for the link and for reminding us of our FAQs.