.torrent file location (I know, it's been asked before!)

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
sndo37
New User
New User

.torrent file location (I know, it's been asked before!)

Post by sndo37 »

Hi Folks,

I understand that the location of the .torrent files should be in "C:\Users\[user-name]\AppData\Roaming\deluge\state", but I can't see any .torrent files in this folder, just a single "torrents.state" file. Is there any reason that deluge would be storing them somewhere else? I haven't told deluge to do so.

Also, is there any way to export them? (I have searched for an answer to this and not found anything.)

Ultimately, my concern is that I never be able to re-download all these files again and so I would like to back them up for safe keeping. Over 500 are already loaded into deluge.

Thank you, and my appologies in advance if this is a stupid question!

EDIT TO ADD: I think I may have found them all in "C:\config_location\state" (?), but they all have unintelligible names (e.g. "5e09960a8aea6e4048cd6c71a1959e57de805411.torrent"). Is this normal behaviour? Can I keep them with their original names so that they make sense?
doadin
Seeder
Seeder

Re: .torrent file location (I know, it's been asked before!)

Post by doadin »

Yes they get stored in the same location as the config files. And no not that i know of. (what you are seeing is the torrent hash which is normal) You can try the copy torrent files to option in the preferences>downloads section but im not sure if this copies by name or torrent hash as well.
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

If you enable the "save a copy" option it does use the original name. I think it has to be enabled before though. I don't think it will go back and make copies later.
sndo37
New User
New User

Post by sndo37 »

Ok, I'll work with that, thanks for the info!:)