Can true anonymity be acheived?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mikepool

Can true anonymity be acheived?

Post by mikepool »

Can true anonymity truly be achieved?

First off, is it possible to get ALL traffic to run through my proxy? If so, I should not have to open any other ports on my router… Correct? I do not understand why you have to have incoming and outgoing ports set if you want all traffic to run through a proxy. Under Deluge’s Network settings, the Active Ports tests always fail because my router only has certain ports open for inbound and outbound traffic. If I have to open ports on my router, how can my traffic be anonymous?

Can someone please explain this and if true anonymity can be achieved with Deluge and my current SOCKS 5 proxy?
Peter.s
New User
New User

Re: Can true anonymity be acheived?

Post by Peter.s »

I have read about a solution for anonymous torrenting, here is their whitepaper where they describe how it works - http://decent.ch/decent-whitepaper.pdf
Have you heard of them? What do you think about it?

They sell it as a publishing platform, but if you read between the lines, it is basically torrent with anonymity layer and payment layer, if you want to sell your content.
I think it isn't out yet - couldn't find the app, but if I understand it correctly and it works as described in their whitepaper, I think it can do just the job.

Does anyone know about them? Do I read their whitepaper correctly?