Strange behaviour - ISP related or bug?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
G Man

Strange behaviour - ISP related or bug?

Post by G Man »

Every few minutes the TCP active port that's supposed to be open would suddenly be closed. Clicking TEST ACTIVE PORT would confirm that. If I change it to another port (even as the torrents are going), clicking TEST ACTIVE PORT would show the port to be open again. I've read from somewhere that this is a bug with Deluge starting from alpha8. Too bad all previous alphas have been taken offline, so I have no way to download alpha6 or 7 to verify.

One more problem. It seems that the longer I use Deluge, (on my 4th day so far) the better my ISP gets at capping the bandwidth. A torrent I tested earlier that used to go at full speed now grinds down to less than a fifth. Could this slowdown be attributed to the alleged "bug" as mentioned?
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Strange behaviour - ISP related or bug?

Post by markybob »

G Man wrote:Every few minutes the TCP active port that's supposed to be open would suddenly be closed. Clicking TEST ACTIVE PORT would confirm that. If I change it to another port (even as the torrents are going), clicking TEST ACTIVE PORT would show the port to be open again. I've read from somewhere that this is a bug with Deluge starting from alpha8. Too bad all previous alphas have been taken offline, so I have no way to download alpha6 or 7 to verify.

One more problem. It seems that the longer I use Deluge, (on my 4th day so far) the better my ISP gets at capping the bandwidth. A torrent I tested earlier that used to go at full speed now grinds down to less than a fifth. Could this slowdown be attributed to the alleged "bug" as mentioned?
yes, this is a known problem. i think i fixed it in alpha 18, though. have you tried that version?
senkun
New User
New User

Post by senkun »

First off, THANK YOU for an awesome program (and windows port)! Been a longtime user of Azureus and µTorrent until recently when dl/ul speeds were trickling agonizingly due to ISP. Deluge saved the day!

Been running Deluge 0.5.5.95 for 3 days straight no problems except for the strange TCP port closing problem as mentioned above.

Sometimes, a few minutes after starting Deluge, the TCP active port that was open would suddenly be closed. Clicking TEST ACTIVE PORT would confirm that. Testing the port via Shields Up shows that the port is closed too.

I have triple checked port forwarding is set correctly, and the first few minutes of starting Deluge shows the port open via TEST ACTIVE PORT and Shields Up. Sometimes the port would suddenly be closed within a few minutes, sometimes all would be ok until hours later.

I really have no idea why this is happening, not sure if it's something wrong on my end or if this is a known bug. Would appreciate any insights.

EDIT: Grabbed the new build some 12 hours ago... happy to report that it's been running fine right up to this moment! No crashes, good u/l and d/l speeds and the TCP port has been open all the time. :D
MadFoxxx

Post by MadFoxxx »

Hi
Sometimes that happened to me too but major problem is that I can't upload when only seeding.
My router don't have port trigger only port forwarding so I can't have a range but only a specific port. I altered in Deluge according to this situation.
I don't know if the upload problem have something to do with it.
Can you help in this matter?

Thanks

MadFoxxx
mynogan

Post by mynogan »

I came in late in the game ... started with 0.5.6.2 ... encountered the port closing/opening problem ... someone suggested going back to 0.5.6.1 ... but problem persisted ... tried all the latest releases up to 0.5.7 .... problem still there, plus the latest versions proved much too unstable for me. Is this still a bug, or is it the result to the ISP throttling, or a hardware problem related to the router? Other than that, Deluge proved to be a much more enjoyable experience than uTorrent or Azureus. Keep up the great work!