Move completed to not seeing networked drive

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
SunTannedSupaMan

Move completed to not seeing networked drive

Post by SunTannedSupaMan »

Hi all,

I am new to deluge and am running into an issue that I can not seem to figure out. I have used Vuze for a few years but heard great things about deluge so I was making the transfer over. My problem is that I can not seem to get the move completed to find my networked drive. What am I missing?

Thank you
tofu713

Re: Move completed to not seeing networked drive

Post by tofu713 »

I'm having the same trouble.
What's odd it I had it working for a while, but I had to wipe the HDD in my system and reinstall and now I can't get it to work again.
I'm on Windows 8.1 running deludge dameon delugded-debug (as a service using nssm) 1.311 and python 2.6.

In my deludged.log i get these entries:
Exception calling RPC request: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'S:\\'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "deluge\core\rpcserver.py", line 299, in dispatch
File "deluge\core\core.py", line 402, in move_storage
File "deluge\core\torrent.py", line 846, in move_storage
File "os.py", line 150, in makedirs
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'S:\\'

The network share I'm trying to move completed files to is mapped to the S: Drive, in a folder called "New Downloads". What's weird is the log entries just say S:\\ and now S:\\New Downloads and is the u' supposed to be there before the S:\\?

I don't think it's a permissions thing because I have deludged-debug running as a local system account, and I'm able to manually move files to and from that network share.

Also if I "Move Storage" to a directory within the same disk (not to a mapped drive) it works (example default c:\downloads to completed c:\documents).

Any ideas?
Is it safe to do a reinstall and not have my settings wiped out?
jhparizona
New User
New User

Post by jhparizona »

Have you tried using the UNC version of the path? UNC bypasses drive letter. For examples: if you have a folder called folder on a device at 192.168.0.10 named mydrive, UNC path would be:
\\192.168.0.10\folder OR \\mydrive\folder

Try using the UNC path instead of mapped drive letter and see if that works.
baddog

Post by baddog »

Had the same problem, drive was visible in Windows Explorer but not Deluge.
Solved it by using 'Map Network Drive' in Windows Explorer, and assigning drive letter 'Z' to the network drive I wanted to use.
This 'Z' drive then showed up in Deluge, and I could set 'Move Completed' to a folder in this drive.

Hope this helps.