Running thin client - switches question

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
robnitro

Running thin client - switches question

Post by robnitro »

Hi,
I use the deluge 1.3.9 thin client on windows 7.
When I set the pc to sleep (server running deluge daemon), on resume it's disconnected.
1)Is there a command that can be sent to deluge.exe to reconnect?

I've written some task scheduler script that closes and reloads deluge.exe, which works most of the time, but sometimes loads up not connected. Auto connect and don't show this dialog are checked in connection manager.
2)Is there a way to connect to a server using command line, instead of relying on auto connect on start up?

An off topic question... what is the difference between the normal and the py2.7 builds, any benefit to either on windows?

Thanks!
robnitro

Re: Running thin client - switches question

Post by robnitro »

No dice? Is there a page that lists the switches I can pass to deluge.exe? I tried deluge.exe /? and --help, no luck.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I thought I had replied to this but apparently not...

You need to use deluge-debug otherwise output is swallowed up.

Yes this is an annoying issue that I'm sure I created a ticket for a long time ago. I am not sure what the best workaround is and unfortunately there isn't a command to connect via console. The fact it doesn't always load up connected suggests a bug or the network is not up yet...

The py2.7 build was created due to libtorrent builds being py2.7 only but since I build the latest versions anyway for py2.6, it's now just for those users that were originally using it. There is not benefit as such to using it, just have to note that the plugins python version you use.
robnitro

Post by robnitro »

Thanks with clearing that up!
Yeah I don't really see anything that helps...
-a ARGS, can't figure out what arguments would work to connect to a specific server using GTK.
Is there a man page somewhere for the arguments?
djace

Post by djace »

Sorry to bring this old thread back up - I'm also trying to get the GTK thin client to reconnect automatically when the system resumes after sleeping.

Is there any way to 'reconnect' besides killing and re-lauching deluge-gtk? Perhaps an argument passed through "-a ARGS" to deluge-gtk as robnitro suggested?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Sorry no there isn't, there is an open ticket which I created many years ago for this very issue but I've not got around to fixing it.