Failed to backup data

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Wilx
New User
New User

Failed to backup data

Post by Wilx »

OK, so here is my story. I had Deluge 1.3.2 running for almost 2 years. Last week all of sudden all my torrents disappeared from application. I reinstalled it to 1.3.7 and copied old folder from "AppData/Roaming/Deluge" to the new one. Settings are old (download folder etc.) but I still can`t get back my torrents inside the app. It`s just blank even though I copied everything before reinstall. Where my torrents did disappear?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Failed to backup data

Post by Cas »

Probably corrupted the state file due to hard reset or power failure, not a lot you can do I'm afraid, there is slightly better handling to try and prevent this in 1.3.7.
Wilx
New User
New User

Post by Wilx »

What about trying to restore my System to some date before that hard reboot? Could it help?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I don't know what system restore backs up, i.e. does it backup your appdata, if so then yes that it is worth a try.
PaulBags

Post by PaulBags »

I have the same problem of data missing. I've had no hard resets or power failures, just turned my computer on this afternoon and eveything was gone; all I know is it WASN'T a power problem. State file looks more or less empty so I guess I'm going to have to reload torrents one by one from the state folder, a shame it doesn't seem to keep the same IDs and pull label info over from label.conf.

[edit]Wait the labels are all there, just the coloumns are all in the wrong place. Well that's slightly less frustrating then. Now if only I could get the added dates and ratios back...
sndo37
New User
New User

Post by sndo37 »

Bringing this thread back because the same thing happened to me.

Am I right to understand that if you hard reboot your computer you loose the state information from all torrent files?! It's hard to believe that this would be the case, since this would effectively make the program far too unstable to continue using.

In my case, I had 700+ torrent files running, had to hard-reboot because of a graphics card issue, and now they are gone from the program and my AppData\Roaming\deluge\state folder is empty. I have luckily set the program to create a copy of the torrent files, but this is still a complete nightmare because all of my files are renamed and reorganized.

Thinking about the amount of time it will take me to re-add and reorganize these torrents brings me to tears. Not to mention that I will likely need to switch programs and write new custom scripts etc.

Can anyone point me to any information that could help me a) recover the original state files or b) prevent this from happening in the future?

EDIT: OK, I have found more information here: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =7&t=52349. Also, I am one version behind (1.3.11) and it is possible that the new version (1.3.12) may fix this. Still not sure whether I should trust this moving forward. Has anyone tested it? It will take many hours for me to manually restore the state information. I cannot do that again!