Torrents stop, go to error cat, but status is OK

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Meelkor
New User
New User

Torrents stop, go to error cat, but status is OK

Post by Meelkor »

Hello, I am leeching several torrents (like 6 or so) and all of them are from the same tracker. But three of them sometimes randomnly stop, go into "Error" category. Their status is "Ok" though (as well as tracker status). So I can just start it again and the torrent continues for another few minutes (this time is always different), but then again it goes "Error".
Also even though three torrents do this, they don't do it at once but even time between individual erroring is random.
And everything worked just fine yesterday.

EDIT: Tried changing download directory and rechcecking downloaded data. When I did 'deluge-console.exe -L debug -l "C:\debug.txt' only empty file was created and no logging is occuring.

Windows 7 x64
Client: 1.3.7
libtorrent: 0.16.16.0
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Torrents stop, go to error cat, but status is OK

Post by Cas »

Are you sure the Status in Details tab is 'ok'? Are the torrents in Error category for the Tracker or States section of sidebar?

deluge-console is a console client and not the main deluge program, use deluge-debug...
Meelkor
New User
New User

Post by Meelkor »

Yep, it's OK all the time (even when I kept my eyes on it until it went "error", it hasn't changed even for a moment).

It's the states section.

Oh, I see, it works like that. Okay, those lines started appearing after one torrent went into "error".
http://pastebin.com/gya86jSa

So... there's an exception thrown when it's actually trying to change the state?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Can you provide the whole log please, you can PM me it.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

So the exception is due to non-ascii error message which should at least be fixed in develop code and the actual error as you translated is:

Code: Select all

0x8007022A: Used to indicate that an operation cannot continue without blocking for I/O.
That error message suggest an ongoing issue in libtorrent 0.16: https://code.google.com/p/libtorrent/is ... ail?id=406

I can ask the libtorrent dev about the status of this bug.
Xaphirezst
New User
New User

Post by Xaphirezst »

Well, I have downgraded my Deluge client to 1.3.6 and everything run smoothly now, not a single error came up.
If I understand correctly, this constant error problem has been identified to be caused by libtorrent bug, and cannot be solved by the Deluge team on their own, so I would suggest the thread maker to downgrade and patiently wait for the libtorrent people to fix their bug.
Meelkor
New User
New User

Post by Meelkor »

Thank you for info. I went with the "zip and unzip" workaround, which worked fine. If I meet this issue again, I will downgrade, thanks for tip.
bengalih
Leecher
Leecher

Post by bengalih »

Cas wrote:So the exception is due to non-ascii error message which should at least be fixed in develop code and the actual error as you translated is:

Code: Select all

0x8007022A: Used to indicate that an operation cannot continue without blocking for I/O.
That error message suggest an ongoing issue in libtorrent 0.16: https://code.google.com/p/libtorrent/is ... ail?id=406

I can ask the libtorrent dev about the status of this bug.
I can confirm these issues on 1.3.10 as well.

I was running Deluge 1.3.6 (headless deluged) on a Win7x64 box previously with no issues. I recently rebuilt my entire box with the same setup and had this error on my first download (about 80% through an ~8GB file).
SInce it was an I/O error I did the whole chkdsk, re-copied the file, etc to no avail. After a re-check the download started again only to error out within another minute or two.

I found this thread and realized that I was now running 1.3.10 after my rebuild (I still had 1.3.6 on my client box). Once doing an-place downgrade on the server system to 1.3.6 I started the download and it resumed without issue.
navsdg
New User
New User

Post by navsdg »

Can confirm that its not happening anymore with 1.3.11 on Windows 7 x64
sunbird

Post by sunbird »

I'm having this problem on my Mac and wonder how I would go about downgrading to 1.3.11