The parameter is incorrect

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
justinswall
New User
New User

The parameter is incorrect

Post by justinswall »

For whatever reason, about half of the Torrents I am attempting to download (all from various places) are pausing with just "Error" showing in the progress bar. The torrents from TV Torrents appear to do this almost 100% of the time and they do this almost immediately (before they can even get to 1%). Other torrents however appear to do this randomly. Resuming the torrent allows a little more to be downloaded but it eventually pauses again. For the life of me, I can't figure out what's going on. I generated a debug log and the only error message I could find that appears to be relevant is "The parameter is incorrect".

Attached is a copy of my log file taken from just before a torrent was resumed until it paused automatically again with the error. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Deluge v1.3.7
libtorrent v0.16.16.0
Windows 8.1 Pro x64

HP MicroServer
Intel Pentium G2020T @ 2.5 GHz
2 GB RAM

If additional configuration information is needed please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks again!
Attachments
deluge_log.txt
Debug Log File
(396.3 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: The parameter is incorrect

Post by Cas »

The error message for the torrents is under Status in the Details tab.

There was an issue like this a while ago with torrents over 4GB but it was fixed. I am not seeing any issue here with the torrent from the logs, do you have any torrent that always presents this error?
shenron
New User
New User

Post by shenron »

Out of curiosity, are you running 1.3.7? After upgrading, I noticed similar behavior, which I would have the "announce set message", and after get an "error:" with no text. Happened to me on 2 private trackers. After mesing around with it for a couple days, I reverted back to 1.3.6 which appears to have solved the issue. Not sure if this is a whitelist/blacklist issue on a particular tracker, or they are using some sort of feature that the new libtorrent doesnt work with, but for now I am using 1.3.6 again (running deluged as a service on windows 2012 server standard).
justinswall
New User
New User

Post by justinswall »

Hi!

Yes, all of the torrents from one of the private trackers I use experience this error and I am using 1.3.7. This is where I can experience the issue most readily. I already checked with the tracker to see if they blacklisted Deluge 1.3.7 but they said they have no (nor does their announce string show any errors).

I have attached an example torrent file however I have obscured parts of the tracker URL and removed the piece metadata to help lower the file size. I realize this breaks the torrent, but maybe someone will still see something in there useful?

Attachments
example.txt
Example torrent with private data and piece data removed
(7.12 KiB) Downloaded 365 times
spyder810

Post by spyder810 »

Just installed 1.3.9 ran into this issue as well (using public tracker, file with 5.7GB size).
Looks like the best solution is to clean uninstall and reinstall 1.3.6.

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
stimpy182

Post by stimpy182 »

I hve the same problem, funny that the same problem remains in 3 versions.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

It is not a Deluge issue, it is something in libtorrent and we switched from 0.15.10 (known to crash with ssl) to 0.16 in 1.3.7.

Debugging something like this is a bit of nightmare, we don't develop on windows, but I will look into it.
phuzz

Post by phuzz »

I'm still getting this error with any version over 1.3.6, I've just tried a fresh install of 1.3.10, but no luck.
I've tried running with debug on, but the log doesn't seem to show much of use (see attached).
I seem to get the error with only some torrents, and it shows in the status page as "The parameter is incorrect " and then the local file name of one of the files in the torrent; for example:

Code: Select all

G:\Incoming\Done\Doctor_Who_2005.8x08.Mummy_On_The_Orient_Express.720p_HDTV_x264-FoV[rarbg]\Sample\doctor_who_2005.8x08.mummy_on_the_orient_express.720p_hdtv_x264-sample-fov.mkv
I've noticed that the file names are relatively long, but apart from that there doesn't seem to be any obvious factor causing a particular torrent to fail (some are fine).
If there's a way to get more debugging information then please let me know.
Attachments
deluge.txt
Debug log
(19.49 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
bmn
New User
New User

Post by bmn »

I used deluge 1.3.6 a long time without issue. 2 days ago I figured why not update for security and bugfixes. Ever since updating to 1.3.10 I get this "parameter is incorrect" error very frequently on any torrent that has a multitude of files.
It never seems to happen on torrents with a single file but anything with say 10+ files (.rar files, or whole seasons of shows) will give the error very quickly.
In the mean time I will downgrade back to 1.3.6 and monitor this thread for further updates, unless there is a better place to check.
TurboFool
New User
New User

"The parameter is incorrect" on Windows Storage Spaces

Post by TurboFool »

Just added an additional drive to my system and combined it with the old one using Windows Storage Spaces. Today I noticed Deluge was no longer functioning, with each torrent I downloaded making a few 0KB files before providing a "The parameter is incorrect: [path of torrented file]" message in the Status field.

After some troubleshooting I realized the main change since this worked was moving to Windows Storage Spaces. After doing some searching and seeing other people having these issues with specific file systems, and realizing I had switched from NTFS to ReFS for this Storage Space, I tried creating an additional one formatted as NTFS, but I got the same error message with the same torrent when I pointed it there. I then tried the torrent on a different single NTFS hard drive of mine. It worked without error. This confirms to me that the issue is with Storage Spaces.

I then reopened uTorrent, which I haven't run recently, and started the same torrent with it, pointed to the same location in the same ReFS Storage Space that failed in Deluge. Torrent worked fine, and completed without issue. This confirms to me that the issue is with Deluge in combination with Storage Spaces and not the way torrents function in general when combined with Storage Spaces.

Any thoughts?