First topic of appreciation :)

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Leecher
Leecher

Re: First topic of appreciation :)

Post by avatarl »

Well, I just noticed mine crash before 5 hours. And not only that, it doesn't save torrents stats AND causes my internet connection to drop, apparently somewhere around the crash I'd guess. No other torrent client does that. The alpha21 needs an immediate fix.

Edit : The Torrent Notification plugin seems to be causing SOME sort of problem so I disabled it to check whether Deluge will crash.
jzng89
New User
New User

Post by jzng89 »

Just downloaded deluge alpha 22, so far 21 had no probs that are noticeable, the tracker thing on the other hand still has a prob. I use port 60000 and 60001 only, cause they're the only ports i forwarded :P The only plugins I enabled are Torrent files, Torrent peers and extra stats. Not quite sure what the others do so better not mess with them, as long as I get the speed I need I'm happy :D

So far I've pin pointed that only piratebay trackers don't work even after I use a proxy for trackers. Speeds are still great though, Malaysian ISP's are getting OWNED! Thanks guys again, really appreciate your work, especially since Streamyx throttled the connection. May I ask, what's the svn in the installer name mean? Curious....
zekopeko

Post by zekopeko »

SVN stands for SubVersion. it's an application for coding/hacking collaboration. that part in the installer means that it's just a snapshot at code revision/change number 2000 or so. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subversion_(software) for more info
sohlican

Post by sohlican »

hi jzng89,

do you mind giving me all your settings for deluge?

i farked up mine and my speed is like sh!t now....

thanks
Leecher
Leecher

Post by avatarl »

Run the wizard again. It should be under help.

Both my alpha21 and alpha 22 builds keep crashing for some unknown reason. Pity there's no memory dump or something to send in.
Diablo69

Post by Diablo69 »

alpha22 is a disappointment... im experiencing frequent crashes...
Myros

Post by Myros »

Wow, this topic has grown!

And I thought I'd barely get any response from the developers :P

The latest version: Alpha 22 is working fine with me. Less crashes (MUCH less, I'm gonna try running Deluge for 2 days. This is the big test).

Performance is lower (since alpha 18. Speeds are STILL good, just not "as" good as Alpha 18). And when seeding, Deluge A.22 barely hits 10KiB/s for 5 secs or so, then sticks to 0, though the upload is quite normal whilst downloading. (Yes, I know, download is more important, but I'm obsessed with seeding, so yeah :P)

R.S.S Feed has been disabled for me since Alpha 12 (I think?). If you want, I can re-enable it and let you know how it doesnt it work exactly. :)

Oh, and HOW is Extra Stats supposed to work? Ok, maybe I have the wrong idea, is it supposed to show me the Total I downloaded/uploaded since first launching Deluge? (Something like the Statistics in µTorrent and Azureus?)
Leecher
Leecher

Post by avatarl »

Well, as far as speed is concerned I know that at least alpha 21 actually managed to utilize all of my download bandwidth which is extraordinary for a torrent client. But it's crashing every day even though I have disabled the notification. I believe something failing in Windows is causing the crash, cause if it crashes once, it crashes every time I want to close it normally. So I restarted Vista and had it run again.
jzng89
New User
New User

Post by jzng89 »

sohlican : Just run the wizard again cause my settings works for me but it don't mean it'll work for you.
zekopeko : Thanks, I see this a lot on Linux installers.

Okay, I've been using Deluge since Alpha 19 was launched and usually I let Deluge run from when I wake up at 8am till about 3am the next day when I sleep and so far it has crashed only 3 times on good settings. (previously enabled BlockIP which cause Deluge to not startup at ALL!). I noticed it uses almost all my bandwidth which is a good thing cause I usually pause my torrents when I want to surf the web.

One prob I had though. When seeding the speeds of other torrents downloading suddenly drops to zero! No movement what so ever though I'm connected to loads of peers. Everything went back to normal after removing the torrent that's seeding. Seeding speeds are like what Myros said, slow...

I don't know how extra stats works too but I just enabled it because I could :P

zekopeko : Thanks, I see this a lot on Linux installers.
Diablo69

Post by Diablo69 »

no more alpha?? well tested da latest version... not so stable for me... revert back to alpha21...