First topic of appreciation :)

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Myros

First topic of appreciation :)

Post by Myros »

I just discovered Deluge less than 10 hours ago.. I must say, I'm VERY impressed with the program !

Seriously, you guys got one heck of a thing going here ! :D
All I can say is: I'm loving it!

Oh, and is a stable non-buggy version ever going to be released on Windows ? And if so, is there any specific date of release?

That is all,
Thank you :)
Leecher
Leecher

Re: First topic of appreciation :)

Post by avatarl »

Well, the alpha8 installer works very well for me now. The last installers had some serious problems here and there but I've been using it exclusively since alpha 7 with no real problems.

And cheers to Deluge devs and the Windows port dev. Finally I have something to take uTorrent's place :D
Myros

Post by Myros »

@Avatarl: Agreed :D

But there's still some thing I'd like to see (one is the Orange skin in the screenshots of Deluge on the main page :) )

And, the addition of a "Upload speed when not downloading", since I set my upload speed to 80% of my maximum, but once I'm done with a download, I'd like to seed the torrent on full speed.

"Extra stats" plug-in doesn't seem to work.. dunno why.

Random port chosen, one that is not in the range specified.

R.S.S feed doesn't seem to work with me.

And the program shut down randomly only once so far.

But yeah, thats pretty much it.. I can live with such errors for the price of good performance :D

This program's got potential.. Great work, guys !
Leecher
Leecher

Post by avatarl »

Well, it's not like it's problem free. I just got crashes at random after I got a 2.7Gb torrent on (most of my torrents are in the 200-300mb category usually). But compared to the crashes and stuff I was getting from earlier alphas, this one is viable to the point that I was using it straight for more than a week with no crashes or serious errors.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

avatarl wrote:Well, it's not like it's problem free. I just got crashes at random after I got a 2.7Gb torrent on (most of my torrents are in the 200-300mb category usually). But compared to the crashes and stuff I was getting from earlier alphas, this one is viable to the point that I was using it straight for more than a week with no crashes or serious errors.
it's getting there. we plan to do a stable windows release with 0.5.6
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Post by zachtib »

Myros wrote:But there's still some thing I'd like to see (one is the Orange skin in the screenshots of Deluge on the main page :) )
Dunno if it will have the orange skin (that's Ubuntu's default skin is all) but yes, Deluge for Windows will probably have a nice theme when it releases
"Extra stats" plug-in doesn't seem to work.. dunno why.
How exactly doesn't it work?
Random port chosen, one that is not in the range specified.
For me, it's always worked this way
R.S.S feed doesn't seem to work with me.
Odd, obviously any info you can provide will help
And the program shut down randomly only once so far.
Don't suppose you have any console output for that crash?
But yeah, thats pretty much it.. I can live with such errors for the price of good performance :D

This program's got potential.. Great work, guys !
Thanks. Slurdge has done some great work both getting Deluge to build on Windows and on creating the installer for it.

A lot of the weird little quirks people are experiencing are related to the fact that Deluge was originally written for Linux and is in the process of being ported over to Windows. Hopefully, these issues can be resolved soon.

And, as markybob said, there should be a stable release of Deluge on Windows when 0.5.6 releases.
Former Deluge Developer
Diablo69

Post by Diablo69 »

good job on deluge... finally moving on from bitcomet... i like the interface... simple and easy... just having problem with seeding... i usually set 4 downloads together... say 3 is downloading and 1 is seeding... when i wan to make it 4 downloading and 1 seeding, the seeding just get paused... but the download runs fine... isit a bug or just me... is there any recommended setting or just let it rip at full speed...
zachtib
Leecher
Leecher

Post by zachtib »

Diablo69 wrote:good job on deluge... finally moving on from bitcomet... i like the interface... simple and easy... just having problem with seeding... i usually set 4 downloads together... say 3 is downloading and 1 is seeding... when i wan to make it 4 downloading and 1 seeding, the seeding just get paused... but the download runs fine... isit a bug or just me... is there any recommended setting or just let it rip at full speed...
well, first off, is this on windows or linux?

and what do you have set as your max # of active torrents in pref?
Former Deluge Developer
Diablo69

Post by Diablo69 »

im using windows xp SP2... out of habit i've always limit active download to 4... another thing i've noticed is that once u have uninstall deluge the 1st time, the installer will be faulty at which there will be error for the 2nd attempt to install deluge... is this common??? i tried to reinstall bcoz deluge seems to randomly crash... after reading the list of know bugs on windows, its a unsolved problem... rite now im redownloading the installer... im trying alpha11...
Leecher
Leecher

Post by avatarl »

Common occurence for me (in Vista 64 anyway). I learned my lesson and now uninstall, reboot, delete Deluge installation folder (not deluge configuration folder), install and reboot again just to be sure Windows loads the default programs correctly.