Bugs, other things

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mariush
New User
New User

Bugs, other things

Post by mariush »

Add torrent with lots of files and folders to Deluge.
Start downloading
Go to Files tab, select lots of files on Do Not download
Shut down windows
When Deluge starts after Windows restarts, it doesn't remember the which files were set on Do not download, all files are being downloaded.

Click on a torrent on the interface, press Del key.
The focus is set on the first check box so if you press enter it checks the checkbox. By Default, windows message boxes focus on No, so that user presses Enter by accident or Space, it does nothing. Also, this makes easy for people that prefer keyboards to press Del, Tab, Enter and do stuff faster. The first checkbox is not an option that is used often so it doesn't make sense to have focus on it.

Right click on a torrent, with the context menu open, click on any button in the toolbar.
No matter how much you click that button is not working, as if you're not clicking on the toolbar. If you move the mouse over another button in the toolbar, it works.

I've already reported it and it seemed to be an easy fix but so far it's still the same.
When showing message boxes and opening windows, Deluge should check the state of the window that opens the message boxes and windows.
I usually set the main window to Always On Top with a tool, and lots of users have things like WIndowsBlinds which add to the title bar of the window buttons that set a window to Always On Top, and when the main window is Always On Top all windows load behind it, including the New version available window.
This new version available window is really annoying, as it often appears behind the window even if it's not set on Always on Top and you can move the main window on the screen but nothing works on it until i click on Yes or No.

Any chance on removing folders and files that were set to Don't download when the torrent completes? Or even better while it is being downloaded?

Previously, I had no problem with that crash of dbus application on MSVCRT.dll but now I've reinstalled the operating system and with nothing installed it crashed a lot. I've since installed Visual Studio 6 and the crashes are not so often but it does happen. Before, I had installed Visual Studio 2005 or 2003, I don't remember anymore, and never crashed on me, so it makes me thing those crashes are caused by a bad version of msvcrt or some functions (or using some parameters in functions ) that program uses which are not in particular versions of MSVCRT.dll (or whatever is named).

Deluge 0.5.8.6
Windows 2003 R2
mariush
New User
New User

Re: Bugs, other things

Post by mariush »

Still on .6 version...

Yesterday I've started a 40 GB torrent download, on a drive where I had only 20 GB free space.
I have set 24 GB to download and the rest I've set to Don't download, planning to move some file to have free space to download the selected files completely.

Deluge usually sits minimized to system tray. After about 8-10 hours, I've clicked on the system tray and Deluge appears and a window saying that the torrent is paused because there's no free space.
I've clicked on Ok and then anywhere I tried to click in Deluge, nothing worked, Windows (2003, which is very stable on my PC) started behave in a weird way, texts on the window title bars didn't show up... seems like resource/memory leaks...
I've had to restart the PC.
After restart and I've started Deluge and in started as if it was installed for the first time, no configuration, no torrents in the window, nothing.

That torrent paused window is really annoying, here's why :

You can start a 40 GB torrent consisting of a lot of 14.3 MB archives and Deluge doesn't complain that there are only 20 GB free space on the drive.
Deluge downloads until it can't save anymore, it shows the window, I click Ok and until the torrent is actually paused, the window appears several times.
I free some space on the drive, let's say 2 GB, I select resume torrent and the window shows up saying that the torrent is paused, that it can't write to disk, that it needs 4 GB and that I have free space only 2 GB.
It doesn't start again unless I give him 4 GB, which is not right, it should start downloading again 14.3 MB files until those 2 GB are used and then show the window again.