Problem when I tried to use "Add Peer" in order to seed

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
aeo

Problem when I tried to use "Add Peer" in order to seed

Post by aeo »

I am using Deluge 1.2.1. on Windows XP. One of the torrents that I downloaded is from a private tracker. After downloading was complete, it went to Seeding but there were no peers. Later it went to Qeued so I went and unmanaged it and made it go back into Seeding. There were still no peers so I right clicked on the file and clicked Update Tracker. When I clicked on the Peer tab below, it showed 1 peer but for whatever reason, I was not seeding or the peer was not receiving. So, I right clicked on the peer and clicked "Add Peer." A small window popped up and asked me if I want to add this peer and I clicked either OK or Add. The little Add Peer window, however, did not close after this. I clicked cancel on the Add Peer window but to no effect. I right clicked on Add Peer again and now I have two Add Peer windows. On the taskbar, it showed two separate Add Peer windows.

I right clicked on the Add Peer from the taskbar to close it but no menu came up enabling me to close it. I did Control+Alt+Delete and under Applications tab, I saw two separate Add Peer as "Running" in the Windows Task Manager. At first, I was thinking of closing both of them by using Task Manager but I was downloading files at the time and did not want to cause possible instability in the program. However, I changed my mind and picked one Add Peer and clicked "End Task" and that is when the Deluge program closed by itself. The other Add Peer window closed when Deluge closed. Can you tell me why this happened?

By the way, the reason why I updated the tracker was so that I can seed on the private tracker and thus keep up my upload to download ratio. On Bittornado, I could go under manual announce and input the tracker. I assume updating the tracker was the same thing.