Non classic mode broken in Windows (white space issue)?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Nil Einne
New User
New User

Non classic mode broken in Windows (white space issue)?

Post by Nil Einne »

Hi,

I was originally running Deluge in FreeBSD moved it to Windows a while ago. I can't remember whether it was ever working perfectly (stopped using it for a while) but in any case, recently found it doesn't quite work properly. Specifically, since I'm using non-classic mode i.e. with the daemon and GUI seperate (partly a legacy of headless FreeBSD) if you start Deluge and tell it to start the local daemon, it doesn't work. Well it starts a daemon but you can't seem to connect to it. If you start the daemon manually it works fine. I thought at first it was because I wasn't using the standard port.

Looking closely however, I realised this wasn't the case. Instead it seems that Deluged is using the wrong directory (or perhaps it's Deluge, I'm not sure). It's using C:\Documents instead of C:\Documents and Settings. So it seems it's a white space issue. I thought at first this was a config issue maybe I screwed up when moving from FreeBSD to Windows (I did have problems), but I deleted my config directory and it recreates it afresh. Then I switch off classic mode, restart and same problem (default port of course). Note that I delete the C:\Documents directory so I'm sure it's created by Deluge afresh.

Running in classic mode works fine. And as I mentioned, if you start the daemon manually, it also works fine.

I've tried putting the configuration directory in the core.conf and gtkui.conf "config_location": "C:\\Documents and Settings\\%username%\\Application Data\\deluge", but it doesn't help any.

This problem I presume only occurs on Windows XP and 2k since Vista and 7 use Users without a whitespace (well unless you specify a different location or your username has whitespaces).

Is there something special I have to do (short of moving the Documents and Settings directory to be without a whitespace)? Or is this a bug?

Cheers