Deluge can't bypass throttle by tmnet anymore.

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
powertone
New User
New User

Deluge can't bypass throttle by tmnet anymore.

Post by powertone »

deluge is a nice client, v0.5.8.5 seems much more stable than the old version, kudos. but lately deluge can't bypass throttling by tmnet (streamyx, Malaysian ISP) anymore. my download is slow no matter how many seeders or leechers for any torrent. well, any gurus here in bypassing throttle care to give some tips or point?
PS: proxomitron, tunnelling not working btw.
ipohboy

Re: Deluge can't bypass throttle by tmnet anymore.

Post by ipohboy »

I know for some reason Deluge works well bypassing TMnet's bandwidth throttling before, but not now. Probably they managed to detect Deluge's kind of packet, among all other torrent client they have successfully throttled. But tunneling works fine for me! You might want to ask your tunnel provider for further assistance.
powertone
New User
New User

Post by powertone »

not exactly shits connections but slow, not as usual speed i got before. most port got blocked, check here http://www.canyouseeme.org . before, i can connect with others from overseas really fast, some as fast as my full connections can support, but now all overseas connections only connect to me at 2-3kbs, only from our countrymen where i will get good speeds but then how many of us Malaysians really download using BT? (not all lah but some series which is not popular, ie: EXTRAS) tv series EXTRAS where majority of the seeder/leechers is from oversea the speed is really something, nothing better than dial-up.

yup, all port got blocked the only port can get me thru is 80. before i can just pick any port i want but now its just don't work like that anymore. our ISP is really something dude. i can get full speed when i use wireless but not at home. guess they checked my bandwidth for every month and throttle it where they see fits. it seems "unlimited bandwidth" not exactly unlimited bandwidth eh for TMNet. nice service ad from them!

btw i live in wangsa maju/desa putra.
dude09

Post by dude09 »

Nope, No problem with download rate over here. The only problem I have is try to upload to others...
My download rate is max out, but my upload rate is horrible (less than 10kiB/s), TMnut must be using Sandvine to block (not slowdown, but complete block) their customers from upload to peers from other regions... & they're doing a horrible job, because I can't even upload to anyone within Malaysia!!! :evil:

Malaysia's Election is here... so speak up if you don't like about whatever happening to TMnut (or Stream-My-X). This is your one & only chance to speak up until the next election! Oh, you can even email the PM concerning you're unsatisfied being rip-off by the biggest & dishonest ISP in Malaysia... :roll:

Anyway, I just wonder if Deluge are planning to adopt the new encryption protocol method that's mentioned here:
http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-devs ... on-080215/

P/S: Those of you got problem download, try reset your modem, & check to make sure your firewall is not blocking deluge.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by andar »

dude09 wrote: Anyway, I just wonder if Deluge are planning to adopt the new encryption protocol method that's mentioned here:
http://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-devs ... on-080215/

P/S: Those of you got problem download, try reset your modem, & check to make sure your firewall is not blocking deluge.
Yes, Deluge will support that new encryption when it becomes available in libtorrent. The author of libtorrent is actually one of the authors of that proposal, so there is really no doubt he will be implementing it.
dude09

Post by dude09 »

andar wrote:Yes, Deluge will support that new encryption when it becomes available in libtorrent. The author of libtorrent is actually one of the authors of that proposal, so there is really no doubt he will be implementing it.
Wow, great news! Thanks for the confirmation. :D
powertone
New User
New User

Post by powertone »

Yes, Deluge will support that new encryption when it becomes available in libtorrent. The author of libtorrent is actually one of the authors of that proposal, so there is really no doubt he will be implementing it.
Good news indeed, hope we can use it soon and our ISP not implemented any new technology/hardware to throttle us again. But then again, maybe they're already do it now. :(
zeally

Post by zeally »

powertone wrote:not exactly shits connections but slow, not as usual speed i got before. most port got blocked, check here http://www.canyouseeme.org . before, i can connect with others from overseas really fast, some as fast as my full connections can support, but now all overseas connections only connect to me at 2-3kbs, only from our countrymen where i will get good speeds but then how many of us Malaysians really download using BT? (not all lah but some series which is not popular, ie: EXTRAS) tv series EXTRAS where majority of the seeder/leechers is from oversea the speed is really something, nothing better than dial-up.

yup, all port got blocked the only port can get me thru is 80. before i can just pick any port i want but now its just don't work like that anymore. our ISP is really something dude. i can get full speed when i use wireless but not at home. guess they checked my bandwidth for every month and throttle it where they see fits. it seems "unlimited bandwidth" not exactly unlimited bandwidth eh for TMNet. nice service ad from them!

btw i live in wangsa maju/desa putra.
Lol, it's not TMnet that blocked your port. Your router/firewall did.
loki

Post by loki »

It could be the ISP blocked every port except http port, it does seem more likely though that it was the firewall or pebcak. I can't believe someone would actually test every port one at a time, like that site does, from 1-65535, it makes me laugh a little though...
aoisorax
New User
New User

Post by aoisorax »

Is it true? What port you guys are using right now?