How to increase the upload rate?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
dude09

How to increase the upload rate?

Post by dude09 »

Hello, I'm using Deluge for about a few weeks now, & I'm having problem try to upload to someone else since updated to Deluge 5.8.3, but the download rate is ok (actually it's GREAT! :D ). Here is the messages that I keep getting in the log:

Peer message {event message: seed to seed connection redundant, disconnecting, ip address: xx.xxx.xxx.xx, client: xxx}
Peer message {event message: connection timed out, ip address: xxx.xx.xxx.xxx, client: xxx}

Thus, my connection with other peers kept disconnecting & I can't upload to anyone longer than a few seconds...
I suspect my ISP (Streamxy) is disconnecting my connections to prevent me from seeding or uploading... :evil:
Is there anything I can do to raise the upload rate?

Thanks a lot for any useful tips!
senkun
New User
New User

Re: How to increase the upload rate?

Post by senkun »

force outgoing encryption? Then again, if the majority of your peers are not running with encryption they won't be able to receive thus you'll still not get thru your ISP's throttling.

No solution here, move over to another ISP. Then again, you're in Malaysia, you have no choices at all. Tough luck. There are millions of posts all over the net from Malaysians complaining about this crappy situation, you guys should get together and force a change with your government ISP or something, instead of letting them **** you all the time. Failing that, move to another country?
dude09

Re: How to increase the upload rate?

Post by dude09 »

Thanks for the reply.

Update: It seems like now Streamyx even block all the peers from the same region... :(
I tried to use Local Peer Discovery... but it also doesn't work!
I'll try outbounce > FORCED next!