Deluge process won't die

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Hamsterkill

Deluge process won't die

Post by Hamsterkill »

I've had two torrents running for the past 9 hours or so. I tried to restore Deluge from the system tray but it didn't do anything. Tried to right-click the tray icon and still no go. Not unexpected so far, I expect things to crash now and again in Windows, especially new-to-windows stuff like Deluge. So I open task manager to kill the two deluge processes. The dbus-daemon goes away no problem, however, deluge.exe persists after using the "End Process" button. So I open up the console and try a "taskkill /f" and it still persists despite taskkill saying it was successful. I actually could not terminate the process without doing a hard reset (soft reboot didn't even work).

This might have something to do with the update that was just released I noticed.
Hamsterkill

Re: Deluge process won't die

Post by Hamsterkill »

This happened again today, and this time it doesn't seem that a new version got released.
loki

Post by loki »

Are you using the latest version?

I thought this was fixed long ago... like back in 0.5.7 series somewhere.

Oh, and if you install a new version, make sure the programs are not still running while you install so that it can update all it's files.
renzoku

Post by renzoku »

I also have the same problem. It happened when i download a 4.4GB torrent. im using the latest ver. 0.5.8.5
Hamsterkill

Post by Hamsterkill »

Yes, I was using version 5.8.5 too. I actually never used any 5.7 versions in windows.