[0.5.8.2] Bugs on update notification

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Bzzz

[0.5.8.2] Bugs on update notification

Post by Bzzz »

Hi,
I discovered some 0.5.8.1 bugs again in the 0.5.8.2 release. Maybe there is a .3 available, not yet visible :)
When starting deluge it gives me some notification for a newer version. This msg is only readable when clicking the tray icon (see my last thread), otherwise deluge won't response at all. Also, this window has some malfunctions. I clicked "yes", so I expect deluge to close itself and to open a new window or tab of my browser to show the download page. Both of them do not work.
The deluge main window closes, bud dbus-daemon-deluge.exe stays in memory, which makes updating only possible after manually stopping it or rebooting the system.
Also, deluge opens no new browser window. Maybe this is because internet explorer is not marked as my favourite browser...but, as you know, it's not a good idea to use it at all :mrgreen: . My (portable) firefox is running, but doesnt open the deluge homepage.
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: [0.5.8.2] Bugs on update notification

Post by johnnyg »

I'm guessing it's to do with them changing server.

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... f=7&t=1165
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by markybob »

johnnyg wrote:I'm guessing it's to do with them changing server.

http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... f=7&t=1165
yes, it was because of changing servers. we're sorry, but it really couldnt be avoided. however, now that we're at osl, i can promise you a much better future deluge and it's users :) these growing pains will be rewarded, and we thank those who stuck by us.
Moogle Stiltzkin
New User
New User

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

I really like Deluge as well.

I tried the new 0.5.8.2 on my bro's Windows XP pc and it kept crashing quite regularly i could hardly download o_O;

The previous version before that hardly crashed except now and then, and usually after the download was half way or finished downloaded.

So i hope next version is stable :[

Can i make a suggestion ? If possible could you add not only the latest build download, but also older build downloads ? I mean it makes seeing as sometimes the newer builds may be less stable compared to the previous version so some may want to revert back but aren't able to download old releases. Anyway just my 2cents :mrgreen: