Changing default Windows skin to uBuntu (?)

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
powertone
New User
New User

Changing default Windows skin to uBuntu (?)

Post by powertone »

this may sound weird but I hate windows skin for deluge I much prefer the ubuntu like skins. its just takes too much RAM with ubuntu like skin its about 30-40mb but using this windows skin or as in default takes more than 50-60mb. heres the questions how to change it to its ubuntu skin (the bit greenish skins) for it?

ps: before its the bug i got to ubuntu skin not because i change it myself, but in times fall in love to it.
markybob
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Changing default Windows skin to uBuntu (?)

Post by markybob »

powertone wrote:this may sound weird but I hate windows skin for deluge I much prefer the ubuntu like skins. its just takes too much RAM with ubuntu like skin its about 30-40mb but using this windows skin or as in default takes more than 50-60mb. heres the questions how to change it to its ubuntu skin (the bit greenish skins) for it?

ps: before its the bug i got to ubuntu skin not because i change it myself, but in times fall in love to it.
as of 0.5.8.1, windows uses clearlooks skin, which most users find to be very sexy. i've yet to hear a single complaint about 0.5.8.1's skin on windows
powertone
New User
New User

Post by powertone »

i don't mean it in bad way. it just that I was wondering if i can change deluge skins to greenish http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... =12&t=1004 its bug i know and I one of them who got it. if the old deluge can change its skin to ubuntu skin and I thought maybe deluge version 0.5.8.1 can do the same too. I just asking if there is any way that I can change it myself, and I dont meant i hate windows skin that you have implemented. its just a personal preference, not disrespecting anyone and certainly not to the development team and you too markybob.

if theres a way i can change it I hope someone or you can tell me, if it can't be done im fine too. im just asking and nothing more, not disrespecting or being rude to anyone here.
mickstephenson

Post by mickstephenson »

I posted an answer to this in another thread.
http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=985
See if this works for you.
loki

Post by loki »

maybe the configuration wizard could run a theme switcher like the one listed in the other thread.
mickstephenson

Post by mickstephenson »

Include a theme selector in deluge which changes the theme for all other gtk programs in Windows?? With the other gtk programs shortly following suit, constantly fighting for control over your gtk theme?! Until we descend into some futuristic orwellian dystopia where the only theme u can have is drab dreary grey? Well you can count me out of your futuristic hell. Just use the theme selector...

Seriously though as Windows users you are used to having configurations for themes of each program you run, so you have a patchwork of garish looking programs that have no common theme. Linux just doesn't work that way, the themes are all unified, same icons for each program so everything matches. So gtk just isnt designed to have individual themes for each program. Firefox did that individual theming thing, and now its just looks a mess, which is why I dont use it on linux.
niknik

Post by niknik »

markybob wrote: as of 0.5.8.1, windows uses clearlooks skin, which most users find to be very sexy. i've yet to hear a single complaint about 0.5.8.1's skin on windows
I complain!!! :)
I now I'm probably on the "minority" side, but I really think the old look was for more readable, the pattern and gradients make it a bit harder to figure it out at a glance.
Also, as I spend a lot of time doing remote access to my computer over slow lines, simple solid blocks of color look are also a lot more efficient.

And yes, I'm the kind of guy who uses XP with all themes disabled, looking like an old plain Win2000... :)

But worse than the skin is not being able to run Deluge since 0.5.8.0 (crashes)
:)