Adding trackers to multiple torrents?

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
mightysparks
New User
New User

Adding trackers to multiple torrents?

Post by mightysparks »

I have just migrated from utorrent to Deluge and it has mostly gone smoothly except for 350 torrents which have been imported without a tracker. They are from 5 different tracker sites and I have tried a few different scripts and plugins to try and add trackers to no available. I managed to edit all the torrent files and add all the different trackers, but there is no way to update this information with the torrents in Deluge. Unlike uTorrent, adding a torrent doesn't warn you it's already added and ask if you want to add to the trackers, so that way is out. I can't use a search and replace script that's available because there is no tracker already there. I added the plugin to add default trackers to all new torrents, but that doesn't help with the torrents I've already added. I'm at a loss, I need to seed these files and it's pointless if I can't. I have RSI and really do not want to go through 350 torrents manually. I've done 20 and my hands are already gone.

Is there ANYTHING available to add this information to the torrents or is uTorrent my only option?
mightysparks
New User
New User

Re: Adding trackers to multiple torrents?

Post by mightysparks »

Is there still no way to do this? I've been missing out on gaining upload on my private trackers for the last 8 months because of this problem.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

If they are private torrents, there was an outcry about updating trackers when readding so that was disabled.

I can update the tracker edit script for you
taynak
New User
New User

Post by taynak »

Since this is my first post on these forums... HOLY FACK.... thanks for the weird riddle I had to look up... not all of us are Linux Users.

I love this app, however. It's sleek and works perfectly in every way but one. Multiple Tracker stuff.

Cas wrote:If they are private torrents, there was an outcry about updating trackers when readding so that was disabled.

I can update the tracker edit script for you
Please.... if you know anything about how to make this work again properly please let me know.. I have been tryinng off and on for years to figure this out... it pretty much makes me only able to track a torrent to one tracker at a time and i have a lot of sharing going on.