Suggestion: Some sort of indicator that torrent was added.

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
Rock5
New User
New User

Suggestion: Some sort of indicator that torrent was added.

Post by Rock5 »

When I click on a torrent or magnet link I don't want Deluge to pop up every time. I like to open and check that torrents at my convenience, usually after adding a few torrents.

I see you have an option for this "Focus window when adding torrent". That's good. But I find that if I click a torrent and I see no indication that it got added, I end up opening deluge just to make sure it was added. Before Deluge I used to use various torrent adders such as utorrent adder and bittorrent webui+ both of which pop up a notification above the system tray. I find myself used to that.

Is it possible to add a system tray notification popup as each torrent is added?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Suggestion: Some sort of indicator that torrent was adde

Post by Cas »

There is the notifications plugins but based on this ticket it would suggest in needs a Windows OS component: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2408

In the meantime You could use the execute plugin to run a script that does this.
Rock5
New User
New User

Re: Suggestion: Some sort of indicator that torrent was adde

Post by Rock5 »

Actually, I nearly always have to manually connect when adding the first torrent even though I set it to automatically connect, which is a bit of a hassle. So even though I love the idea of the daemon being separate from the ui and being able to connect to a remote daemon, I find it easier to just use "Bittorrent Webui+" to add torrents. I might just use the client (or maybe the webui) to manage the torrents.