deluge 1.3.5 torrent+magnet links

Specific support for Deluge on Microsoft Windows OS
perishedinflames
New User
New User

deluge 1.3.5 torrent+magnet links

Post by perishedinflames »

first off hey (new in here).

i've been using Deluge on my ArchLinux with not problems whatsoever and only yesterday i've started using it on my Windows 7 64-bit setup too.
before i start i should say i searched for the problem before i posted but had no luck find a matching one. so if i failed at searching pls delete this message and point me to the original post. i hate double-posts as much as the next guy.

the web-browser i'm using is Firefox 12.0. the problem i have been facing is as follows;
whenever i "open with..." or use a magnet link the torrent doesn't add to deluge. it only adds when deluge+deluged are not running and this is the only time i get a prompt to add the torrent to the queue.
one way to add a torrent to deluge while running would be download the torrent and drag&drop the file in the queue. the other way would be "add torrent" and pick from the pool i have torrent files downloaded at. that wouldn't normally be the case, i can live with that, but as u reckon that doesn't work with magnet links and it kind of is a bummer tbh.

anyway, before i get boring (if i already have not) the way Firefox natively handles the magnet and torrents are as follow;
torrents: Use Deluge (default)
magnets: Use "C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\deluge.exe" "%1" (default)

thank you, all, in advance.
alas ... how terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: deluge 1.3.5 torrent+magnet links

Post by Cas »

Are you using Deluge 1.3.5 on Windows and Arch? Are you sure that the torrents are not getting automatically added as there is a preference to not show the add dialog.

I have extensively tested Magnet uris and torrent urls on Windows so I find it strange.
perishedinflames
New User
New User

well Deluge on Arch doesn't have a prob whatsoever. not one that i have encountered, at least.

but yeh this is the Windows port message board so i'm getting this situation on windows. i tested it for quite a few hours before i wrote this post. the problem still persists and yes i've enabled the "always ask" option.
to be honest it looks like sometimes it's working and sometimes not which i find pretty weird myself. the only guaranteed and 100% working solution is what i stated on my original post. still unsure about magnet however.

anyway, unless you have something to propose (other than reinstalling which i already have) i'll check it again after the format i was anyway intending to do and see how it works on a clean setup. i'll get back to you in a week or so if its a persisting problem.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I forgot there is one outstanding issue but it only affects adding non-ascii torrents: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2093

If you enable debug logging when running deluge-debug.exe it may reveal the issue.
perishedinflames
New User
New User

will try running deluge-debug then. tried generating a log with a warning flag but hasn't registered something suspicious. is there a way to generate multiple flags for logging? or is it based on levels? meaning if i set it to warning it'll also give me errors and critical.
phiv

Post by phiv »

Hello! Help. There is the question. I want to send a friend a link magnet. In uTorrent, right-click on the file and the URI Copy magnet. And where is the same in Deluge (on Windows XP). Thanks in advance!
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

phiv wrote:Hello! Help. There is the question. I want to send a friend a link magnet. In uTorrent, right-click on the file and the URI Copy magnet. And where is the same in Deluge (on Windows XP). Thanks in advance!
There is feature request for this so it will appear at some point.

You can however create a magnet uri from the infohash using a website such as this: http://romanr.info/magnet.html
Dagger

Post by Dagger »

Deluge 1.3.5 Windows 7 64bit Firefox 14.0.1

I just had this problem.. fixed it by..... copying magnet link and pasting into the urI box in deluge to add it. Details of how it worked are below... it is not as fast as click and go... but still pretty easy.

Let me know if this works for you.

DETAILED SOLUTION

Torrent
(right click) on Magnet Link - > choose: copy link address

Deluge
(click on)+add
(click on) +urI
(right click) in url box -> paste
(click on) add

at this point it should add the files and pop to the Options information window

make sure your download location has a / added to the folder name (you can set this up in your deluge preferences)

example: (Normally it is this)
/home/torrents/downloads

for magnet link to load it must look like this
/home/torrents/downloads/

(click on) add
lifestyle

Post by lifestyle »

Hi, I am having the same problem. No matter what I do, Firefox and Chrome will just NOT load the magnet links in Deluge.

I had Tribler installed earlier and it used to work alright with magnet links.

I have tried the "Associate with Deluge" button in Deluge Preferences, removed "protocol_handler" (Chrome) and uninstalled Tribler - all to no avail.

Even the "Copy Link Location and Paste in URL button" does NOT work because pressing the URL button in Deluge does nothing.

Please help?