Deluge vs other clients

aRtRitus
New User
New User
OS or Distro: 7

Deluge vs other clients

Postby aRtRitus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:49 am

Hi fellas,

I've been using qBittorrent for some time now, and love it.
I decided to try Deluge to see what it's all about, since it's gained some popularity. For the most part they're similar, but I did notice certain shortcomings...

- cannot double-click on a torrent to open it. This alone is a deal breaker for me.
- cannot auto-start on system boot
- cannot use a custom file extension for incomplete files
- the recently used folder list is too cumbersome to use because it's hidden in submenus and requires too many mouse clicks

I do like certain cosmetic things like it shows the tracker URL icons, and can set up/down speed limit for each torrent in the bottom menu instead of in columns. But the missing features are just too essential for me to overlook. I'm an average, run-of-the-mill user who just downloads and seeds. Call me lazy, but having to right click on a torrent and then left click on Open Folder requires much more work than double-clicking to open a torrent.

So why do YOU guys use Deluge? Anything in particular you like about it compared to other clients?

Shryp
Super Seeder
Super Seeder
OS or Distro: Windows 7, Manjaro

Re: Deluge vs other clients

Postby Shryp » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:48 am

1- Double click on the file name to rename, double click on the file size to open.
2- You can manually easily add a shortcut to the start folder. It isn't as easy as an option button, but works.
3- No idea about the incomplete files, but .part seems pretty self explanatory. Probably something with libtorrent.
4- Are you talking about adding new torrents? Seems fine for me, but I don't add a lot manually.

For me the best feature is the daemon/client mode. I see the daemon to run on my desktop and then a client on the desktop and the laptop to connect.

aRtRitus
New User
New User
OS or Distro: 7

Postby aRtRitus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:50 am

Shryp wrote:1- Double click on the file name to rename, double click on the file size to open.

Is this a setting somewhere that I can't find? Double click on a torrent does nothing for me.

Shryp wrote:2- You can manually easily add a shortcut to the start folder. It isn't as easy as an option button, but works.

Thx for the suggestion. To be fair though, I can't think of too many modern apps that don't have this as an option.

Shryp wrote:3- No idea about the incomplete files, but .part seems pretty self explanatory. Probably something with libtorrent.

Is this another setting that I'm missing? I just downloaded a .mkv movie, and the file extensions was .mkv during the download and never changed to .part or anything else. qBittorrent, on the other hand, has an option to add a .!qB to partially downloaded files which makes it very easy to see which files have completed.

Shryp
Super Seeder
Super Seeder
OS or Distro: Windows 7, Manjaro

Postby Shryp » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:55 am

aRtRitus wrote:
Shryp wrote:1- Double click on the file name to rename, double click on the file size to open.

Is this a setting somewhere that I can't find? Double click on a torrent does nothing for me.

I think I misunderstood this one the first time around. You can't open from the torrent list, but you can from the files inside of the torrent.

aRtRitus wrote:
Shryp wrote:3- No idea about the incomplete files, but .part seems pretty self explanatory. Probably something with libtorrent.

Is this another setting that I'm missing? I just downloaded a .mkv movie, and the file extensions was .mkv during the download and never changed to .part or anything else. qBittorrent, on the other hand, has an option to add a .!qB to partially downloaded files which makes it very easy to see which files have completed.

This is another one I got wrong. The .part extension is for the overlap when you mark something as do not download.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”