OS or Distro: os

What VPN do people use?

Postby ph3iron » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Are they any good? Which do members use> Thanks - p

willieaames
OS or Distro: Windows

Re: What VPN do people use?

Postby willieaames » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:55 am

i am running deluge behind a vpn (Expressvpn) with port forwarding enabled through Express. PIA was good though but lacks in speed. Nordvpn, hidemyass also supports deluge.
If you are looking for dedicated ip vpn: https://www.bestvpnprovider.com/3-best- ... ed-ip-vpn/
Last edited by willieaames on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

mhertz
Leecher
Leecher
OS or Distro: Arch Linux

Postby mhertz » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:14 pm

I use PIA, which i'm guessing is the most popular probably because of the price. All VPNs work with deluge as it's not program-dependent. On linux it's easy to setup VPN usage only for torrenting if wanted. The difference in VPNs is about speed, stability, price and selecting a provider you trust to not keep logs to identify you later on for 3'rd parties to obtain. Some are better with port-forwarding than others, but I don't use it and get great speed regardless(remember uploading still is supported without port-forwarding). I like PIA because they also have a SOCKS5 proxy included in the subscription, which I normally prefer, as slightly better speeds and less CPU for added encryption overhead, but mostly I chose PIA because of price and SOCKS5 proxy and I trust them additionally.

AlisaM31
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Windows 7

Postby AlisaM31 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:03 am

I use PIA too, it works good and without restriction. And speed is great!

Thomas Falater
New User
New User
OS or Distro: windows

Postby Thomas Falater » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:36 pm

I use PIA too but you have to remember to go to advanced settings and enable the VPN kill switch and the dns mask. Thomas Falater

sunnyfruit1
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Distro

Postby sunnyfruit1 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:15 am

I have never used VPN but have used proxy service a few times. As far as I know, VPN are mostly payed services and proxy are usually free services.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”