Introducing RSSPIg RSS Downloader with easy web interface

russmac

Introducing RSSPIg RSS Downloader with easy web interface

Post by russmac »

I've written an alternative to Flexget as my wife couldnt figure out torrents.

http://github.com/russmac/RSSPig

Its a Linux Ruby/Sinatra/Activerecord web application designed to run on a local network (Not tested/secure enough yet to consider for public facing and no auth mechanism)
It uses an sqlite development DB by default but can be configuration modified to work with any DB as it uses ActiveRecord

Its designed specifically to work with Deluge.

It has a post processing mechanism to trigger Sickbeard post processing (Although Sickbeard does not expose it through the API I found a way) you setup a single line script to curl http://localhost/process when downloads are finished in Deluge and sickbeard will process all the new items.

It is REALLY easy to use, You can add items based on Name, Encoding, Resolution.

If multiuple options are available it will only get one of them, And wont consider other new options. You can set an "origin" priority to determine this priority based on strings in the title names.

You can set a blacklist to help remove certain titles containing strings that you would never want considered

I'll continue to develop it and add more features.
- Add items through the sickbeard API.
- "Checkboxes" to edit multiple items (currently history/item list has a delete button next to each item)

The github project page explains how to set it up if your not used to Linux.

If you find a bug and lodge it, Ill get to it within days. I plan to work on this quite a lot now I'm a freelancer.

This is a great way to stop your wife making you find all the torrents.
thepace

Re: Introducing RSSPIg RSS Downloader with easy web interfac

Post by thepace »

nice effort, ill try it on vm when i come back home to give u some feedback
milestone5077

Re: Introducing RSSPIg RSS Downloader with easy web interface

Post by milestone5077 »

Wow! Good work mate. I will definitely try it. Keep up the good work