Best Seedboxes? With a Review of One!

grahamgraham
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Macintosh

Best Seedboxes? With a Review of One!

Postby grahamgraham » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:08 am

I am currently using The Seedbox Company, but I am interested in what y'all's opinions are best seedboxes? I am more curious of the ones that use Deluge, because I am more familiar with the system.

For those of you who don't know what a seedbox is, it is a online server that downloads and then seeds your torrents that you want. It is useful for quickly acquiring files, and uploading them, at speeds that you would most usually would not be able to perform at.

The Seedbox Company has been excellent so far! It is my first seedbox, and I am impressed. It was awkward after registering at first, because there was no "click here to do this, or this, or that" option. It took some digging to figure out how to access the Deluge internet client, VPN, and cloud file browser. But once I got that figured out, it was a breeze. My only complaint is they set a randomized password for everything (Deluge, VPN, FTP, SFTP, login, etc). Although, I was able to change the login for The Seedbox Company, I guess I will have to remember the set password for all the other utilities!

As far as speed go, WOW! I am using IPTorrents, and I have seen speeds in excess of 100Mbps, but usually I see upwards of 70-80Mbps, as can be seen in the picture below:

Upload speeds have been in the upper range of 500-600Kbps, that I have observed. So far, I have been able to upload over 20 gigs, and it has all been flawless.

Retrieving the file is easy. All I have to do is log onto the Cloud File Manager, or (S)FTP server using Filezilla, and it is fast. So far, I have seen it is faster to use this to download the file, log onto the server, then retrieve the file from there. This certainly makes short work of downloading large files, especially since movie files are increasing in size. I think it is well worth the $20 per month. Below is the plan that I have:

If you are curious about this, you can click this link to see what options they offer: https://www.seedboxco.net/seedboxes.php?affiliate=236
Or click the identical link in my signature! You can also PM me if you have any questions you might have about this seedbox, and I will do my best to answer! :)

Thanks for reading! :D
https://www.seedboxco.net/seedboxes.php?affiliate=236

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”