How can I make Deluge as fast as Azureus?

loki

Re: How can I make Deluge as fast as Azureus?

Post by loki »

1Meg upload is very generous. Your max upload speed seems really low even if you have 384k, that could still be set at 40 easily, it would be almost maxing out 384k upload, but if you did indeed have a full 1Meg, you could set it at 100. When you did your speedtest was it off peak times and no one else was using your connection? You could try http://www.testmy.net I don't know if the max half-open connections should be that high (20), mines set at 6, seems to run perfectly fast.

About your router options, the check boxes, unless you know you need a VPN passthrough it should probably be unchecked. Try it with the TCP flood disabled too, it might work faster, I think, is it possible it's blocking torrent TCP packets because it sees them as some sort of attack...? Or it might be a slight security risk of DoS.

After all that, I'm wondering when was the last time you tried Azureus download speeds? Is it possible that since you used it everybody else is now also using your connection and therefore slowing everyone else down?

Just a sneaky little thought, when you have your deluge running, put it in the system tray, and password protect it. Then passers by can't change your speed limits without your password... sneaky little bastard you, :lol: ;)

(whoo hoo 200 posts)
napster

Post by napster »

Most of my Azureus vs. Deluge observations comes from when I was forced to make the switch approximately 1 year ago.
I should probably try to setup Azureus to make a more updated comparison. But they seem to have removed Azureus from the Ubuntu repository it's been like this for over 6 months. So I have to figure out the compiling bit first which might take a while (2 months).

Maybe I wasn't clear about it in previous posts but I only experience the bad download speed when tapping into China related material. When I tap into material originating from more democratic countries I can easily reach 6-7 Mbit/s download speed within seconds.
The thing is back 1 year ago when Azureus still worked I could get 3 Mbit/s download for China materials where Deluge during the same period had less than 1 Mbit/s download for China materials after 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Maybe circumstances are different today I'll only know when I manage to install Azureus from source.

Good pointers loki I'll look into all your suggestions. :)
Stacks

Post by Stacks »

johnnyg wrote: Note: either manually forward your ports or use UPnP, don't do both!
What will happen if both are enabled? I just checked my settings, and I've forwarded a port, and check UPnP.