CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION

Piney
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Win8

CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION

Postby Piney » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:26 am

The question you have to answer in order to register is pretty stupid as it could be many combinations of the possible answers.
If anyone else like me is having trouble with the answer to "Which words describe the group of developers of this application?".

The answer can be found under the "Who made Deluge?" heading of the about page.

Have fun! :D

armitatz
New User
New User
OS or Distro: raspbmc

Re: CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION

Postby armitatz » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:45 pm

It is a stupid question indeed

Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke
OS or Distro: Ubuntu 16.04

Postby Cas » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:26 pm

It's completely stopped spam and we still get a lot of new users so from my perspective it's working fine.

LJSeinfeld
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Ubuntu

Postby LJSeinfeld » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:33 am

It may be effective in stopping both bots and people from registering... but I think the question could be worded better. And maybe mention that there are two things you need to drag over to validate registration...

Either way... nice to be here :)

davidm
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Arch Linux

Postby davidm » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:03 am

Agreed on it being a little counter intuitive. I'd like to consider myself not to be an idiot however I ended up getting locked out for the session and had to come back later to register. It seemed to me as if it was asking for all the related words displayed and that it wanted four. I would suggest at least telling the user it is two words and they MUST go to the about page to figure it out.

kaiser-77
New User
New User
OS or Distro: OS

Postby kaiser-77 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:20 am

This can be stupid... but I need read this thread to do it becuase I don't understand the question xD

knightmare
New User
New User
OS or Distro: Win7x64

Postby knightmare » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:49 pm

This feature is daft. I exceeded the max number of attempts right when I worked it out, so I switched my browser from chrome to firefox and hey presto! I'm 99% sure are other more tried and true human verification measures.

Shryp
Super Seeder
Super Seeder
OS or Distro: Windows 7, Manjaro

Postby Shryp » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:24 pm

I had to stop and think, but I got it the first try. I already had the d word, but the t word I didn't think of until looking in the about section.

halcion
New User
New User
OS or Distro: 7

Postby halcion » Wed May 20, 2015 2:08 am

i am glad some of you got this on their first try...bravo, you get a cookie, however for the rest of us i have to say this was a major pain in the you know what. i exceeded the registration limit several times until i found this forum post through a google search, so a big thank you very much goes out to the opening post, without you i literally would not be here. in all my years of browsing and registering on tens of forums, this by far is the most retarded anti-spam mechanism i have ever encountered. if the developer wants to ignore this, that's fine whatever but to say "its working fine" ...not exactly a great way to start for new members.

Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke
OS or Distro: Ubuntu 16.04

Postby Cas » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:20 pm

As I replied before this has completely stopped spam on the forum and several months ago I improved the question and hint to make it easier. You have to understand from our side there are only a few active admins and we don't have the time and energy to constantly clean up spam on the forum so slight user registration inconvenience is a small price to pay.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”