Seems deluge doesn't work peoperly with libtorrent 0.16.6

ferrelas
New User
New User

Seems deluge doesn't work peoperly with libtorrent 0.16.6

Post by ferrelas »

Had some trouble with magnet links, so I tried to upgrade libtorrent, when I do that deluged crashes every time I start it, so I backup and wipe ~/.config/deluge/*. When I start deluge now, it errors and tells me that it can't load 'libtorrent-rasterbar.so.6', and I think to myself, that's strange, I do have libtorrent installed, but when I look into /usr/lib/ I notice that there is no .so.6, so I just symlink it to the right library (libtorrent-rasterbar.so.6). Now it works, I'm still noob at this though so I'm not sure of doing this is a good idea, however, it works now, and doesn't crash.

Might be a bug with my package manager or whatever, portage on gentoo linux, should I report this as a bug with deluge?
HolgiH
New User
New User

Re: Seems deluge doesn't work peoperly with libtorrent 0.16.

Post by HolgiH »

Hi, fellow Gentoo user here. :)
The problem you are seeing happens because rb_libtorrent changed its major version number, but the native part of deluge was previously built for an older version (.so.5), which is now gone. All you need do to is to re-merge deluge itself, which will then build against the updated version. That worked for me.
ferrelas
New User
New User

Post by ferrelas »

That is so strange, I emerged it over and over, did not work untill I fixed it manually.
HolgiH
New User
New User

Post by HolgiH »

Ah yes, now I remember - simply re-merging didn't work for me at first either, I needed to unmerge/remerge fully because apparently the python stuff would not be rebuilt correctly.