Idea / general concept feasibility?

Adroitly

Idea / general concept feasibility?

Post by Adroitly »

Hi,

I currently have deluge installed on a remote server and I either use webgui or the mac application to control it. Once the download is complete, I have an execute plugin script that zips up the files and puts them in another directory. I then manually download the files locally.

My purpose for using this setup are:
1) Saves my Home (restricted) bandwidth, so I'm only downloading exactly what I want. No more.
2) It's much quicker downloading to the remote server, then downloading to my house at my full bandwidth.

This setup is (really) great but I'm wandering if there is anyway that anyone knows how to download the parts of the file being downloaded as they exist on the remote server.

Part 1: peers <-->(bittorrent protocol (in/out))<--> my remote server --> (don't' care what protocol, (in only)) --> my house

Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

A
chrisbay90
New User
New User

Re: Idea / general concept feasibility?

Post by chrisbay90 »

A crude solution might involve just running rsync whenever your home PC is on. However I don't think there is really anything to gain here. In fact if I understand you correctly, what your asking sounds like a step backwards.