2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Im new too linux and a little confused on what to use too open a downloaded torrent file with windows it was winrar what is the compatible program with linux mint 11 lisa version????
Please be more precise/clear when you describe a problem, and please Read Me Before Posting!! [Tips & FAQ]. If we do not understand what you mean, we cannot answer your question accurately.smz122158 wrote:...open a downloaded torrent file. With Windows, it was Winrar. What is the compatible program with Linux Mint 11 Lisa... ?
First, let's clear up some definitions. No matter what your operating system is:
- A torrent file is a file whose filename ends in ".torrent" (note the dot/period). This type of file is used to begin downloading the contents of a torrent. Example:
- An archive file is a type of file that may contain many files and folders. Archives are usually compressed, as you described. Some common archive formats end their filenames with: .zip, .rar, or .7z
Now, with which type of file are you having trouble?
If your problem is in regards to opening a torrent file, you may have not yet associated torrent files with a BitTorrent client such as Deluge. To open a torrent file, you can still:
- Open Deluge
- Click the "Add Torrent" button
- Click the "File" button on the popup window
- Open your torrent file
- Click "Add" on the popup window (bottom corner)
If your problem is in regards to opening an archive file, please ask the maintainers of your Linux distribution on their community forums: Linux Mint Community Forums
Deluge has no control over how your Linux distro associates its files or which programs it uses to open them. Each Linux distro (Mint, Kubuntu, Arch, Fedora, etc.) may have a different way of doing it. I suggest you begin by looking in your desktop's main menu.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests