save path and move complete paths seems a little backward

Lazybones
Leecher
Leecher

save path and move complete paths seems a little backward

Post by Lazybones »

In other torrent clients you normally specify the final location of the file, and optionally as a master setting set a temp directory for incomplete files.

However in deluge it appears you set a download path on each torrent AND on each a move completed path.. However the move completed path is lower level in the UI. So lets say you want to download ALL your corrects to a temp locations and move your complete torrents to a location for use with other apps you sort of need to ignore the save path altogether leaving in your temp location, and dig down and set a move path for every torrent to save them correctly into their final location.

Am I missing anything?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: save path and move complete paths seems a little backwar

Post by Cas »

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are asking however the Labels plugins allows setting a 'move completed' directory or alternatively you can manually select multiple torrents once they are finished and use 'move storage' in the right-click menu.
Lazybones
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Lazybones »

I am saying the deluge makes having a common incomplete folder difficult vs other clients.

In other clients you set your download path per torrent, and can set a global TEMP folder for incomplete torrents.. When you download a torrent and set its path it first downloads to the TEMP / global incomplete folder then is moved to the path when down.

Deluge downloads to the path, and a second move to option per torrent.

My complete folders are on a network drive, so it is ideal to write all incomplete / active torrents to local disk and only move the complete ones to the network drive. To do this in deluge I appear to need to always set the path to the same temp path then override it for EVERY torrent with a move to path to ensure the complete torrent ends up where needed.

All I am saying is it seems a bit backward and inconvenient. Unless there is a better way to do it with deluge.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

In other clients you set your download path per torrent, and can set a global TEMP folder for incomplete torrents.. When you download a torrent and set its path it first downloads to the TEMP / global incomplete folder then is moved to the path when down.
In Preferences there is a 'Download To' option, which equates to your temp dir, and below that a 'Move Completed' option, so how is this not the same?
Lazybones
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Lazybones »

Cas wrote:
In Preferences there is a 'Download To' option, which equates to your temp dir, and below that a 'Move Completed' option, so how is this not the same?

That just sets the default value for both.

UI wise in deluge this requires two steps.... 1 open the torrent and leave the "Download TO" set to a temporary location and then go and edit the MOVE TO field on the torrent after it has started to move it to its proper end locations.

Just a PITA if I want every torrent to be temporary local then moved to a unique location later.
Lazybones
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Lazybones »

Maybe it would be better just to request that the moveto field be available from the torrent add dialog?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I forgot that option is not in the Add dialog. Just check there are no existing tickets and create a feature request for that.
Lazybones
Leecher
Leecher

Post by Lazybones »

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2013
Still a problem for any manual download I make, I largely use flexget but still....