Deluge is more Faster than Utorrent

thezanny

Deluge is more Faster than Utorrent

Post by thezanny »

guys, believe me... I have been using utorrent for more than 4 years and even tried many p2p clients such as Bittorrent,vuze,limewire, and bitcomet...

but, accidentally I got Deluge and I am impressed :o by its options and performance.. :D :D

I think that we should spread and make Deluge the most popular p2p on the net..

Even the Linux users must get this software and it is Linux supporting too...

FOR THIS, COMMENT OR GIVE IDEAS FOR ME, AND LET'S MAKE DELUGE THE PLANET'S BEST!!
Centrius

Re: Deluge is more Faster than Utorrent

Post by Centrius »

Regarding download speed, i find that both reach the maximum speed my connection allows. BUT:
1) deluge almost instantly reaches it whereas utorrent needs a very large amount of time to get there.
2) utorrent is not open source and i wouldn't trust anything closed-source in matters regarding torrents.

Deluge > utorrent in many ways.
noian

Re: Deluge is more Faster than Utorrent

Post by noian »

I agree that Deluge > utorrent. Still, there are a number of factors influencing Deluge's publicity:

Torrentfreak seems to hate Deluge, so I don't expect much publicity from them. At the same time, Deluge seems to be consistently unstable (small glitches). It's fine for casual downloaders, and people who want to max speed while only downloading a few torrents at a time. However, this detracts from people trying, and sticking to the new client. Other websites affiliate themselves with specific clients and Deluge doesn't have any major sponsorship. Lastly, there are few "reliable" reviews of Deluge outside of a few small circles, as I had a hard time to find citations to prove that the Deluge Wikipedia page is notable.