rich1842
New User
New User

Post by rich1842 »

Last night windoze screwed up my external hard drive again and so I am trying to resume a big torrent (23gb) in Mandriva using Deluge.

I already have other torrents running but this one checks the data until it gets to 30.83% and sticks (in the progress bar it says 'Error 30.83%). Under 'Details' it says 'status: not a directory'

I tried deleting the next directory it was about to check, then recreating it but it keeps stopping there. Any Ideas, please?

Help would be very much appreciated.
Last edited by rich1842 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
andar
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: status: not a directory

Post by andar »

Sounds like you may have an integrity issue in your filesystem.. Perhaps you should perform a fsck on it.
rich1842
New User
New User

Re: status: not a directory FIXED

Post by rich1842 »

Andar: Sorry I should have said my external drive is NTFS (so I can access r/w from windoze or mandriva) and that said, fsck won't go. I have run it through chkdsk /f several times on several machines in windoze and eventually Mandriva accepted it so I have assumed/hoped the file system is ok now.

[if Mandriva doesn't like the condition of a drive/partition but 'sees it', it tells you to run chkdsk /f - if it really doesn't like it then it just doesn't 'see'it'. That has been my limited experience.]

I just found a fragment of a file and deleted it and torrent is now up and running.

Thanks for taking the time to read about my troubles!