Web Ui Password

BlueBus
New User
New User

Web Ui Password

Post by BlueBus »

Hello,

I'm running Deluged + deluge-web with success for a while now. However I ran into a situation that got me confused:
- When I connect to localhost:8112 (or some private address from my home network) the web-ui automatically logs in
- When I connect from an external network (in this specific case via a ssh tunnel using localhost:8112-><server-private-ip>:8112) it asks me for a password.

Now the thing is, I don't remember setting a password for deluged and don't remember it asking me for one either. The auth file only contains the localclient auto-generated entry and an entry I just added to try to solve this problem.

Can anybody turn on the lights for me on this?

Thanks!
BlueBus
New User
New User

Re: Web Ui Password

Post by BlueBus »

I forgot to mention that the web interface does not prompt me for an username, just for a password.
danii
Seeder
Seeder

Post by danii »

Default password is deluge as you can see here http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/User ... ientSetup1
BlueBus
New User
New User

Post by BlueBus »

danii wrote:Default password is deluge as you can see here http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/User ... ientSetup1
thank you for your answer danii. I also forgot to mention that I already tried to use "deluge" as the password, with no luck.
danii
Seeder
Seeder

Post by danii »

try

Code: Select all

rm ~/.config/deluge/webui06.conf
to remove your webui configuration and reset the password to deluge
Lyrathor

Post by Lyrathor »

Hi,

i have the same problem with deluge 1.2.0-rc4 with debian but i have no webui06.conf file.
But i have found a web.conf at this directory and deleted them, but it helps nothing. I have tried to edit the password (also set an empty password) in the web.conf too, without any effect.
Complete deinstallation of deluge and new install with the same result.

Have anyone any idea?

EDIT:

Now because of another problem, i have reinstalled the complete OS and after install of deluge and the webui, it works correctly (default password and after change in the webui the new pw). But i think it will be a good thing, to make in the options for GTK or console, a menufile in the area from the addon webui, where can changed the webui access password. That would provide for the future remedy for this problem.

Regards Lyrathor
ImaWestie

Post by ImaWestie »

Thanks to Natty Narwhal, I've just done a full reinstall.

During which I worked out my previous problem, namely filling up root: I mounted the partition I want to store my torrents in, as the folder that Deluge wanted to store torrents in :D

Anyway... now, it has changed my web interface password to the same as the user id that runs deluge. But every time I start the web ui it tells me "this is the first time you've run the web ui, you should change your password" (but I already did!!)

Also:

The dialogue box that is used to change the password has more than one function. If you don't pay attention :roll: , it's easy to type new password, confirm new password, and hit "apply" at the bottom rather than "change" in the middle of the dialogue box, and be confused as to why your password isn't being changed.

edit:
this issue has gone now. I don't know what fixed it. Quite possibly I tinkered with file system rights, or the groups that my bittorrent user was in (which would have had the same effect).
johnnyg
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by johnnyg »

There was a thread on this before: http://forum.deluge-torrent.org/viewtop ... 11#p150899
I've also added it to the FAQ to make it easier to find: http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq# ... hepassword