Warning for users of thebox.bz

pete_h

Warning for users of thebox.bz

Post by pete_h »

I just got a permanent ban from thebox.bz - I went onto the IRC channel to find an admin who could tell me why, but he wouldn't. He just accused me of cheating to improve my stats, shrieked "cheater!" a few times, and then kicked me from the server. I upgraded to Deluge 1.1.1 just a few days ago. I'd suggest that any Deluge users who are also members of thebox.bz stick to 1.1.0 for now, just in case there is some link.
lvm
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Warning for users of thebox.bz

Post by lvm »

They are a nervy lot there... I have no problems with 1.1.2 at thebox.bz, but I seem to remember than I didn't use 1.1.1 at ll - skipped from 1.1.0 to 1.1.2.
skiff

Post by skiff »

edit: nvm
Last edited by skiff on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pete_h

Post by pete_h »

Thanks for the offer, but to be honest the whole experience has left a sour taste. Given the mods' tendency to throw their weight around, I don't want to waste any more of my upstream on it.
MaxWatts

Post by MaxWatts »

I've had the same insulting experience.

The sick-in-the-head arrogance that comes from the perception that they can't be found is symptomatic of the pervert, the coward and the bully. It's no coincidence that paedophiles like to keep their 'anonymity'...

I've had to go find people before and explain their manners to them, and I'm going to do the same here.... Watch this space. I'll name the munchkin I grab hold of just to prove I've found him.

Revenge is sweeeeet....
veryfatboy

Post by veryfatboy »

What a load of t-----s they are over there. I've rarely met such a bunch of arrogant ar------s. The internet and file sharing, I thought, was about people helping each other. With this lot it really gets under my skin. Daveywolf is a particularly nasty piece of work, can't be bothered to give an informed reply,just abuse. I think maybe he's a low life achiever getting his rocks off the only way he can.
Won't go there again
loki

Post by loki »

I was just there today downloading a few files I had been unable to find elsewhere... I used 1.1.9 and had no problems so far. I do believe their site is really strict on what they consider fair seeding practice when you can't even get a .1 ratio on one (older) file for the average user. Also I'm not about to waste my bandwidth on a really popular file just so I can stay in good standing on their site.
(edit: Seems they do officially list as allowed Deluge versions 1.1.7, 1.1.8, and 1.1.9 after a bit of reading)

On a related note, I believe this thread has served it's purpose in a way and is beginning to run on, I think it might be time to lock this topic since it's just becoming a place to complain about another site which the Deluge site can't help fix the "problem" that other sites are causing for the client.